Kessil a80

BRS

GHOSTLY

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have a question. Will the kessil a80s colour affect and change with the colour of the coral and growth? I heard that the colour does not matter and it only counts with intensity. My question is will the colour of the light change the overall growth? I want to keep it at sky blue but I’m not sure yet

Fritz

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the tuna blue lights? Kessil lights pride themselves on being the proper wavelength for coral growth no matter what you set them to on your system. So you are right its intensity that matter with those lights. You will just want to make sure your PAR is good for what you are keeping.

OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

View Badges
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the tuna blue lights? Kessil lights pride themselves on being the proper wavelength for coral growth no matter what you set them to on your system. So you are right its intensity that matter with those lights. You will just want to make sure your PAR is good for what you are keeping.
thanks!

BRS

WHAT DOES THE TERM "GOOD WATER QUALITY" MEAN TO YOU?

• Your aquarium water is in acceptable ranges measured by consumer level water tests

Votes: 153 45.4%
  • Your aquarium water is in acceptable ranges measured by ICP type testing

Votes: 52 15.4%
  • Your aquarium water is good based on how your corals are growing and look

Votes: 202 59.9%
  • Your aquarium water is good based on how little nuisance algae is growing

Votes: 60 17.8%
  • Your aquarium water is good based on how it looks to you

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 7 2.1%
Bulk Reef Supply