Kessil ap700 vs A360we

California Reef Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Yes we are the only carrier of LeRusso Light Brackets.

Apologies but I'm currently in the process of updating the website to add all the LeRusso Mounts. Here are some product pictures of the LeRusso AP700 mount.

This is the Rim Mount series which mounts onto rimless tanks. We also carry a Stand Mount series which attaches to to the stand.

The wiring can be hidden within the tube bracket slot to provide the ultimate sleek look.

IMG_4378.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

This week, I will do a post in our sponsors forum showcasing all the LeRusso mounts for most of the popular lights including: AP700, Kessil 360 series, Radion XR30 and XR15 series, and AI Hydras lights. The LeRusso light brackets were specifically designed to securely mount your light fixture while maintaining elegance and aesthetic appeal. We have sold several of these mounts on ebay and would like to bring them to the reef2reef community.

The vertical position of your light over the tank is adjustable by adjusting the height of your tube. The horiziontal position of your light over the tank will depend on your tank dimensions, which is why we ask for your tank dimensions prior to adding it to the cart.

In the meantime, send all inquiries/purchase requests to me via private message.

Last edited:

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually thinking abut selling one 360 buy the 700 and use 2-360s for the ends of the tank.
hey man, did you ever end up getting the ap700? I'm debating the same setup you described. wanted to ask how it worked out for ya

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man, did you ever end up getting the ap700? I'm debating the same setup you described. wanted to ask how it worked out for ya
I actually sold 2 of the 360WEs and bought 2 AP700s. I love the light! Clean look, extremely strong light, and the android app is easy to use. Plenty of light for a mixed reef, and I have SPS growing at the bottom of my tank. I do tend to cook some softies.

I'm thinking of taking the softies out of my tank completely so I can go to a strictly SPS tank and put some angelfish in there. I also might go overkill and add two more units, mounted perpendicular to the front of the tank, to get some extreme coverage...but I need to come up with a clean way to install it.

You have to treat the Kessil like a metal hallide light. I initially had issues because it would cook my softies, and then I'd turn down the intensity...which would then cause issues with the SPS not getting enough light. If Kessil had a chart stating that this intensity at this depth equals this much PAR or PUR...it probably would've saved me a lot of money in killed coral. But now that I understand the light (mainly due to BRS TV's 52 Weeks of Reefing series where they delved into the LEDs), I am very pleased with it and I don't lose coral anymore.

To answer your original question, I wouldn't recommend mixing the AP700 and 360WE together. Not that you couldn't do it, but you can't link the programs and colors (like purple and yellow) pop more with the AP700. And once you've seen the AP700, you won't want the 360WE anymore.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm thinking is deleting the two center lights (360N) and putting in the AP700, leaving the remaining two 360N to pick up the slack and reduce any wasted light (if I added two AP700's). That's a 5' display. I get what you're saying about the different color pop and schedule, but I'm thinking I could rescape and push the softies and light sensitive lps out to the sides under the 360's which would be controlled via my apex and be able to adjust intensities as needed.

IMG_0527.JPG

crash29ca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread. I am building a 90gal standard size. The 48" version. I want to have a mixed reef with Los and sps and have been trying to figure out what lights to get. I was leaning towards the a360we. But it sounds like 3 would be ideal for my tank except for the stupid brace in the middle of the tank. I thought 4 would be too much. I don't think 1 ap700 will be enough though. What are your guys thoughts for a 48" X 18" X 24" deep tank. Again I want to keep both Lps near the lower half and Sps on the upper half.

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread. I am building a 90gal standard size. The 48" version. I want to have a mixed reef with Los and sps and have been trying to figure out what lights to get. I was leaning towards the a360we. But it sounds like 3 would be ideal for my tank except for the stupid brace in the middle of the tank. I thought 4 would be too much. I don't think 1 ap700 will be enough though. What are your guys thoughts for a 48" X 18" X 24" deep tank. Again I want to keep both Lps near the lower half and Sps on the upper half.
Check out page 3 of this thread. You'll see that one light more than covers a 4 ft section.

From an intensity perspective, one AP700 is plenty. Mount it high and start the intensity low (like 30% max). If you're going with a mixed reef, your low light corals will appreciate not being directly underneath the light.

I recently bought another AP700 to start up another tank (55 gallon, 4 ft long).

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have all the bugs in the software been fixed?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back