• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Kessil ap700

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking to buy a kessil ap700 or equivalent light for my reef all I got are cheap black boxes that are bleaching my corals

Kygo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe rent a par meter and save money on a light. If corals are bleaching it's likely your lights are set too strong or some water parameters are off. You don't need lights to fix the bleaching unless you have a desire for new lights. I'm in the same boat as you but decided I'd rather spend that 600 on livestock and test kits.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viparspectra? If you're not already doing these, these are things to keep in mind:

The BRS guys tested black boxes and without modification they need to be a pretty good distance from the water. Vipars need to be something like 20 inches up. You can hang them lower by removing some of the lenses to soften them up.

Did you slowly acclimate the corals to the light?

Almost everyone I've seen runs the whites at less than 20% and blues range from 50-80 most of the time.

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AP700s for sale. Pm me if you’re interested.

Back