Kessil lights

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put corals in my tank and I put the light setting on acclimate mode for 10 day's starting at 20% intensity on a 45 gallon tank so is this right?? Also what time will the light come on and go off because it doesn't give you an option to set the time's so does anyone know what this is??

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put corals in my tank and I put the light setting on acclimate mode for 10 day's starting at 20% intensity on a 45 gallon tank so is this right?? Also what time will the light come on and go off because it doesn't give you an option to set the time's so does anyone know what this is??
Which kessil are you using? Sounds like you're running the acclamation program correctly. The acclimation program is a dimmed down shorter version of your regular program. So for example if you create a 10 hour light cycle starting at 10 am and off at 8 pm with a max intensity of 80 percent, and then run an acclamation mode to that at 10 days with a max starting intensity of 20, your first day May only be a 4 hour cycle at 20 percent intensity, and then the next day 5 hours at 25 percent intensity and so on up until the last day where it'll start your regular schedule.

OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which kessil are you using? Sounds like you're running the acclamation program correctly. The acclimation program is a dimmed down shorter version of your regular program. So for example if you create a 10 hour light cycle starting at 10 am and off at 8 pm with a max intensity of 80 percent, and then run an acclamation mode to that at 10 days with a max starting intensity of 20, your first day May only be a 4 hour cycle at 20 percent intensity, and then the next day 5 hours at 25 percent intensity and so on up until the last day where it'll start your regular schedule.
I'm running a 360we and a 160 light together

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A spectral controller
So basically what you do is create a normal schedule. A good baseline would be a 10 hour cycle. I do on at 10am off at 8pm. So create your schedule with what you want your intensity to max out at. And then to run acclamation you go into acclamation mode, select how many days, your starting intensoty, and then the box on the far right choose your schedule. And the lights will run an acclamation of your schedule

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back