Kessil shimmer too intense??

  • Thread starter Thread starter NYCMAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NYCMAN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
159
Reaction score
93
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of my nano with natural sunlight, no artificial lighting. I would say here that the shimmer is very intense, and not as intense as the Kessils. After decades in this hobby going from MH to VHO to CF to T5 to LED (GHL) back to MH with T5 and RB, and then back to LED with Kessil, I am home with Kessil. Love the intense brightness and shadowing, the shimmer, the clarity! and the spectrum guardrails, and the overall look. I respect the Radions, but feel they have too much of a foggy look, much like the CFs and T5s, and not like the MHs. I think Kessil may be the best MH reproduction. Running only AP9Xs and A360X Tuna Blues on my tanks currently.

of the MHs.
 
Good to hear. That video does not play. I like Kessil as well. Do you supplement them at all?
 
Here is a video of my nano with natural sunlight, no artificial lighting. I would say here that the shimmer is very intense, and not as intense as the Kessils. After decades in this hobby going from MH to VHO to CF to T5 to LED (GHL) back to MH with T5 and RB, and then back to LED with Kessil, I am home with Kessil. Love the intense brightness and shadowing, the shimmer, the clarity! and the spectrum guardrails, and the overall look. I respect the Radions, but feel they have too much of a foggy look, much like the CFs and T5s, and not like the MHs. I think Kessil may be the best MH reproduction. Running only AP9Xs and A360X Tuna Blues on my tanks currently.

of the MHs.
if shimmer is too intense, you can move your powerhead and return outlet lower so as to not disturb the surface of the water as much.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new