KH Director PH Probe won't calibrate

  • Thread starter Thread starter carjeff87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

carjeff87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on the ghl website forum see below

I originally had an internal leak so I opened up a 4 day old unit and fixed the pin hole leak in the tubing. The board got damaged so GHL wanted a 50 dollar inspection fee, since I opened the unit up and I figured they would deny my warranty anyways so that's why I opened up the unit. So instead of sending the unit in I ordered a new replacement board, this time I applied a protective conformal coating to protect the board from future saltwater damage. Everything went well for 1 whole day. The next day the Ph Probe lost calibration and read 0 and ever since then It's just a fancy Paper weight all other functions work even the unit says calibration was successful except it reads 0? Anybody have any Idea what else I can do before I throw this unit in the trash and go back to another solution?
 
When you do the calibration of the probe does the Acd1 or acd2 value change.
 

Attachments

  • 1A893FD2-CF6E-4EB1-AA3A-C010B886DA40.png
    1A893FD2-CF6E-4EB1-AA3A-C010B886DA40.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 53
Not anymore, it did when I was able to calibrate the probe.
 
When you do the calibration of the probe does the Acd1 or acd2 value change.
I forgot to reply to your post, no It doesn’t change.
 
Maybe an idiotically question - have you test to disconnect the BNC connection and afterwards connect it again? The second idiotically question - have you test to disconnect the KH director from power and after around 30 sec connect it again?

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new