KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well people will blame companies for their mistakes so warnings and dangers are important on equipment manuals nowadays.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the kh director and stand alone doser. Unit is hooked up and working well at pulling dkh . The only issue that I am having is getting it to dose alk through pump number. I have the dkh set at 9 and it dropped to 7.5 and the doser didn't kick in. I manually put some alk in manually . Is thee anything in the channel 4 doser section that I need to set or adjust. Can someone please post a screen shot of the kh page and the doser number 4 page so that I can see what I didn't set properly .
Thanks Greg

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Greg
You will need to set up dosing on channel 4 to whatever volume you require daily. I use 8x4ml per day personally, as an example. This number is very important as it is your daily consumption.
Then configure your KH Director to use pump 4.
Please send me a screenshot of your settings within the KH Director.
Thanks

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Greg
You will need to set up dosing on channel 4 to whatever volume you require daily. I use 8x4ml per day personally, as an example. This number is very important as it is your daily consumption.
Then configure your KH Director to use pump 4.
Please send me a screenshot of your settings within the KH Director.
Thanks
I am not at home at the moment. It sounds like I have what you mention set correctly. Was hoping someone else could post a picture. If I remember on the bottom of pump 4 they asked what days to dose I highlighted all of them .

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On page 26 you can see the settings I use at home. Have you made certain that pump 4 has been selected via the pump index on the KH Director page?
Here is the pump specific setting I use:
EA065BFC-C75E-4604-AA09-AEFDB288ECC9.png

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I offset my dosing time so that it cannot compromise the test sample with a high dkh value.
In case you are wondering...yes I am using a chinese phone because I am in China controlling my tank in the U.K. as I work away for 3 months at a time. Good luck to anyone trying to do anything internet based here without a VPN.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the kh page there is a section with numbers 1 2 3 4 . I chase the first one selected pump number 4 . I added percentages the last one show the difference , don't remember that number. Should I have used number 4 as the selection not number 1 . I did chose a dosing pump . Thanks for the help .

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you should have used number 4 as your selection. It will only recalculate after it has performed a test.
In your case this is how it should have been done:
008BB3B7-253F-4A81-A5F7-3F3686A832E0.png

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologise as I am trying to do everything through my phone before I go to bed.
BTW feel free to adjust your limit for raise/lower dkh. I personally use the maximum amount of 80% although I really would hope that they will change the lower limit to 100%. If I want my dosing to turn off then it should stop dosing completely.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got mine up and running this weekend!

This turned out to be a more challenging installation that I expected. I guess I just expected it to be simpler, but it's a fairly detailed setup. The directions are horrendous though. That step under 5.3.1 where it says 'Vent Internal Reagent Tube". Yea, don't do that. It just make the hose explode off of the pump head. I'd already read here that someone else had that problem so it didn't really surprise me, but I was trying to follow the instructions.

First test timed out, as expected. Second test 8.3 (Salifert gave me 8). Not too bad considering my calibration was pretty rough (BRS 100ml measuring cup), I'm ordering some graduated cylinders to tighten that up.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco
That’s exactly how I calibrated my dosing heads.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't the liquid different weight ? Saltwater compare to reagent?
I came back to ask that question also.
Saltwater is 1025gram/Liter
What's the density of the reagent though? I'd rather not have to flush the lines again to use RODI.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't the liquid different weight ? Saltwater compare to reagent?

I'm not sure about the reagent, but was thinking about saltwater compared to rodi water. I'm pretty sure saltwater at 35 ppt weighs 1.02 grams per ml

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can weigh the reagent when I get home. I have a pretty accurate scale.

Or everyone who has a scale and a graduated cylinder can weigh their own saltwater and/or reagent. Although I understand not wanting to mess with weighing the reagent

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back