KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could the bubbles be morning condensation? Weird i don't get that in mine.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it out. There's a thread on the official GHL forums about it. It's the reagent and an issue with temperature swings during shipping. They're working it out.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering, is there any chance that your reagent suction line is hitting the bottom of the bottle? It’s soft silicon tubing... if it was to sit on the bottom, it could theoretically suction on, and collapse, then at some point release and maybe create the air bubble?

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess that's always a possibility. The bottles not clear so I have no real way of knowing. I thought this was an established issue with the reagent that was already identified and being worked on. I've considered getting a clear container for the liquid, though I didn't want to risk contamination

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get really frustrated now, I have posted several times in the months I’ve had my KHD, about Inconsistant readings, bubbles, waste pipe, pilot error etc, I can never get more than a week of consistant readings before i get bad readings, my last one rock steady at 7.4 for several days then drops to 6.4dkh, how can I trust it to automate dosing when I’m getting this happen? This is not my tank consuming this Alk it just doesn’t happen that quickly, strange thing is I’ve checked back and the bad readings are always downwards and usually about 1dkh, any answers chaps?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get really frustrated now, I have posted several times in the months I’ve had my KHD, about Inconsistant readings, bubbles, waste pipe, pilot error etc, I can never get more than a week of consistant readings before i get bad readings, my last one rock steady at 7.4 for several days then drops to 6.4dkh, how can I trust it to automate dosing when I’m getting this happen? This is not my tank consuming this Alk it just doesn’t happen that quickly, strange thing is I’ve checked back and the bad readings are always downwards and usually about 1dkh, any answers chaps?
What changes?
What do you do to resolve the low readings and reset back to the higher readings?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many measurements are you scheduled to do per day?
How many mL is your sample size?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering, is there any chance that your reagent suction line is hitting the bottom of the bottle? It’s soft silicon tubing... if it was to sit on the bottom, it could theoretically suction on, and collapse, then at some point release and maybe create the air bubble?
You can avoid any possibility of this by cutting the ends at 45deg rather than flat, I do this on all of my dosing lines

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dumped all my reagents into a oxo glass container that is air tight drilled a hole and ran it and its been consistent now.

31ed66c2414f74ca8508531b528e1094.jpg

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dumped all my reagents into a oxo glass container that is air tight drilled a hole and ran it and its been consistent now.

31ed66c2414f74ca8508531b528e1094.jpg
Good to hear your getting consistant results now, how long since you changed to the new glass container and do you have any thoughts as to why it has made a difference? Do you think that the plastic bottles could be reacting in any way and creating the bubbles so many of us are experiencing? I’ve tried heating the containers and tapping them to remove the bubbles as GHL suggested, I’m not even sure if it is bubbles in my case as surely if it was then you would see an increase in KH as the director would have to pump more reagent volume to get the reading? It may not work that way, but either way really fed up now..

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not surei notice there is tons of air bubbles in the morning and but now i don't see it after the initial first day. I was also having sporadic readings when that line was longer than 20" now that it's shorten and gotten all the air out of the system I'm able to get more constant readings.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not surei notice there is tons of air bubbles in the morning and but now i don't see it after the initial first day. I was also having sporadic readings when that line was longer than 20" now that it's shorten and gotten all the air out of the system I'm able to get more constant readings.
Can you let us no in a few more days how it goes please. I can get upto a week before I get a bad reading usually 4-5 days though and my tube length is 10” long, I’ve just ordered an oxo jar to try as I’m fast running out of options and patience.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back