KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh forgot to save a copy before upgrading. Lost all my settings. On the bright side i now got kh readings on email. :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31 - nice dashboard.

I have run out of ideas of what it may be, I would said if it was a master doser connection that the master doser the KH was connected to that controls the KH date is wrong? But everything on that screen shot looks ok :(

Can not wait to see what GHL comes back with :)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31 - nice dashboa

I have run out of ideas of what it may be, I would said if it was a master doser connection that the master doser the KH was connected to that controls the KH date is wrong? But everything on that screen shot looks ok :(

Can not wait to see what GHL comes back with :)
Thanks anyway, I’ve sent in a ticket as when I checking in GCC it’s the wrong date and time in there as well, so I really have no idea, some software glitch somewhere I guess, but the real time readings are correct which is most important to me

Dive Dive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: I recalibrated my ph probe and for whatever reason, when I reinstalled it, a leak started b/w probe and nut. I lubed it and it helped and now just getting a drop or two but now while observing for leaks, I noticed the probe backout about halfway and no leakage. I tried to re insert and noticed that there was pressure causing it to back right out. Towards the end of the cycle the probe settled in but not all the way. The vent tube behind the KHD is not kinked. Anyone have any idea on cause?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Vent Tube under water at all?

Are you sure the nut is tight also?

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at mine and they are graphed up today without any issues, are you running the latest version of the app on your iPhone?

C6C2532A-CC57-40A2-B89B-48D67DB42728.png

I'm not able to see those graphing capabilities. I'm running GHL Connect app version 2.0.4 and P3. Do you need an updated version, P4 or both?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not able to see those graphing capabilities. I'm running GHL Connect app version 2.0.4 and P3. Do you need an updated version, P4 or both?
P4 for now. P3 and Doser SA based systems do not yet graph...

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
News about the KH graphs:
P3 will have it with the next firmware release 6.43 which comes this Friday
Doser: still working on that, but planned with next 3 weeks - this job was a bit harder since the internal software structure of P4/P3 and Doser are quite different. But getting there. Safety first.

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I tried khd solution 7.5

The results were 9.1 !!! I tried multiple test with results solid 9.1 I ended up adjusting around -18%

Did anyone had any similar experience ?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you recalibrate your probe after you did the test?

I did it and mine was 7.6. A few months ago.

I used used the same tube length as the one used to feed my tank.

I will try again this weekend and post an update :)

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you recalibrate your probe after you did the test?

I did it and mine was 7.6. A few months ago.

I used used the same tube length as the one used to feed my tank.

I will try again this weekend and post an update :)
I did not recalibrate my probe as I dipped it in 7 and 4 PH calibration fluid and it was bang on - do you you think I should recalibrate ? Or so I just stick with the -18% offset ?
Thanks for the help :D

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The questions are:

1. Is the KHD measuring at all or is the shown value not changing at all even when testing different samples (e.g. reference, tank or tap water)?
If not: Get direct personal support here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/

2. If yes, it is measuring: Then the calibration should be checked (pumps, pH-probe). It is not normal, that you have to adjust the reading 18%.

I expect a difference between reference and measured result of max. 0.3 when the calibration and the measurement process is OK.

Here are more tipps in regards to the KHD:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/questions/kh-director-tips-troubleshooting/

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not recalibrate my probe as I dipped it in 7 and 4 PH calibration fluid and it was bang on - do you you think I should recalibrate ? Or so I just stick with the -18% offset ?
Thanks for the help :D
If this is the case the pH-probe calibration is perfect, no need to calibrate again. So the pumps are left, and please check the other things I mentioned above.

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the case the pH-probe calibration is perfect, no need to calibrate again. So the pumps are left, and please check the other things I mentioned above.

Thanks Matthias

I tried to test water tank and KH reference and it gave me different readings so I can only assume the KHD unit is not faulty

As I said with KHD it had a reading of 9.4 instead of 7.5 and with tank sample it gave a reading of 8.7 compare to 7.1 with hanna and 7.3 with Nyos khd test.

After I applied the -18% the reading started to match both hanna checker and Nyos kh test .

I will check the calibration of pumps again just to be sure and post back

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong calibration for my water sample pump - it was 31ml per minute the correct result for today was 51ml a minute

reagent pump (slow ) remaincorrect @ 5ml a minute

I am running now measurement test with reference solution - fingers crossed it will work

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure, if these values are correct. Usually you would see something between 35 and 40ml.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back