KH levels in nano

ReeferBill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
832
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kH is 9.5dKH. I know its supposed to be around 7-8. What causes it to be high, is this a dangerous level and how can I lower it?
Thanks,
Bill
 
Sorry, other levels are CA 400ppm, pH 8.0 or 8.1, temp is 78.2, and corals look good.
 
9.5 is perfectly fine. You could almost double that and not see any real stress from most inhabitants. Much higher than natural levels used to be the prefered for aquariums. If you're not using any 2 part additives then I would suspect it's where it is because of the levels of your salt when it's mixed.
 
Yeah, at this point I dont have enough corals to really absorb quicky enough, so I am not dosing anything. Thanks for the response.
 
9.5 is perfectly fine. You could almost double that and not see any real stress from most inhabitants. Much higher than natural levels used to be the prefered for aquariums. If you're not using any 2 part additives then I would suspect it's where it is because of the levels of your salt when it's mixed.

I agree. Everything has just settled on those numbers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new