gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The concentration it is 20%, just google GKGM75006 Concentration
I wouldn't use it.

Simply buy 0.1N HCL on ebay or direct from Hanna.

There could be some contaminants that you certainly wouldn't want to pump back into your tank.

Ask yourself how much money you have invested in the tank and whether it is worth saving $5 on a cheap product from Home Depot.

Crisstianoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personaly I use 0.03 hydrochloric acid with 9.003 software and so far so good with this combination i had no problems. Now if you look at the green muriatic acid it is 100% hydrochloric acid 20% concentration

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personaly I use 0.03 hydrochloric acid with 9.003 software and so far so good with this combination i had no problems. Now if you look at the green muriatic acid it is 100% hydrochloric acid 20% concentration

The concern with an acid like that is the accuracy on the 20%, since it is not intended to be used for analytical tests.

kenny1101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello can I get you 9.003 software?Bin file is on the SD Card.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of the KHG firmware files (including the V9.003 (02/05/2019) ) and changelog notes in order of newest to oldest.
Some files or information may be missing or unavailable, if you have the files, dates, or changelog information please share and I will add it.

V9.3R76C (10/13/2022)
No change information available

V9.3R31 (no date available)

V9.3R3 (no date available)

V9.1R39G (no date available)

V9.003 (02/05/2019)
–Support CCM. When you want to enable this feature, please set "KH Doser Pump: " value to "2".(Please note, when using CCM, baking soda supply pump will be invalid)– – – –Auto activation. if set this value to "1", when KHG operates 15 ~ 20 times, it will self-activate once. This feature can effectively increase the sensitivity of the electrode and extend the life.
–Strategies for adjusting seawater sampling and emissions.
–Enhanced Test pretreatment procedure.
–S.Raise KH ml/L ability with network submask memory location conflict
–For modified three-wheel KRS pump, adjust the calculation method of water droplet shape.
–Multiple bug fixes.

V8W.H6A8VD (09/18/2018)
–Multiple bug fixes
V8W.H6A8VC (08/15/2018) NO FILE AVAILABLE
–AC_ERR
–Multiple bug fixes

V8W.H6A8T (06/10/2018)
–LCD pH field will display *ERR* when unit experiences an error.
–During an error, LCD will display the latest dKH results instead of the last successful dKH measurement prior to the error.
–Log Retry: If unit tests a second time due to the first test having unusual results, enter "0" to not record first test to log (Default). Enter "1" to record the results of the first failed test.
–> or < 1.5 Alert : If the alkalinity obtained by the KHG deviate by 1.5 dKH from your desired dKH setting (“KH auto correction”). Enter "0" to disable and "1" to enable alarm.
–KH Doser Pump : user can set up which baking soda pump to use. 1 is Built-in baking soda pump (not available for "M" model), 1 is Kamoer step pump (available both for "C/M" model).
–C.R. suspend time: If the alkalinity obtained by the KHG exceed from your desired dKH setting ("KH auto correction"), After KHG restarts, suspension time (unit:minutes) required for the calcium reactor. Please note that this setting cannot be greater than Check intervals.
–Force reverse calibration: In field "REF.KH", enter the value you obtained from a 3rd party test kit and it will calibrate your KHG unit against it. WARNING: This feature will work AFTER KHG has conducted 3 successful test without any errors (ERR) displayed on the LCD.
–Firmware updates (Date & Time) will be added to the log.
–Multiple bug fixes

V8W.H6A8R (01/30/2018)
-The default IP can be changed from the LCD panel buttons
Remove power from KHG, Press and hold buttons 2 + 3 and replug in the power. KHG will beep. Release the buttons at this time, the default IP will be changed from 192.168.1.120 to 172.22.20.120, 172.22.20.120, 10.0.0.120, 10.0.0.120 and 92.168.1.120 sequentially.
-M.L.Q function failure.

V8W.H6A8L (11/30/2017) NO FILE AVAILABLE
-SW_Tube_De-Gas would run even when chamber was empty causing the unit to flash SW_ERR
V8FW.H6A8G (11/24/2017) NO FILE AVAILABLE
-Ability to increase "ADJ KH" range.
-Multiple bug fixes

V8FW.H6A8B (10/25/2017) NO FILE AVAILABLE
-Increases maximum dKH value to 12
-Second decimal value not displaying on screen when dKH above 10
-Multiple bug fixes

V8FW.H5F6M & V8FW.H5F6C (9/14/2017) NO FILE AVAILABLE
-Multiple bug fixes

V8PRO.H5F5 (5/22/2017) NO FILE AVAILABLE
-Unable to specify tank size

Any questions just ask.
My source file with all of this info can be found here

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V9.003 should be the latest version without the pesky authentication?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the authentication for the reagents? I’m running old firmware and don’t want to up grade if I am no longer to use my own reagent
Thanks
Jeff
I don't see how the unit would know unless the DIY reagent was not mixed properly. I assume the firmware check is only looking for instabilities that are out of a tolerance range. I won't be upgrading the firmware simply because it already works and I don't see any possible "benefit" that could be gained by flashing a new firmware.

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest hardware has a red led, and a sensor. My only guess is that this can not only measure the drop volume (a great thing for accuracy) but also supports determining the composition of the droplet based on refracting light measurements.
Ie: a reactive dye, perhaps. The packets have a slight greenish/yellow tint, but do not VISIBLY fluoresce under UV nor IR. I tried with a wyze cam in the dark, and the ir did not make the packet glow at all. Uv does not either.
I don't have a link handy, but I had found a few pieces of hardware available that fit this description, ad well as the size and shape of the diode and sensor in the KHG behind the nozzle.
Apparently the technology is extremely sensitive. Relative ph drop from added reagent is probably also used to determine if reagent is mixed correctly.
All this authentication crap came about after the newest nozzle was offered. And at a price that would seem far cheaper than the material cost.
Makes sense to take a loss on an "upgrade" to ensure no diy reagents are used, impeding upon profit margins. I am not an engineer, nor how to read code. The f/w is a very basic binary code, unencrypted, so I'm sure someone expericed could figure out the situation.
If reagent was half the price, none of this would matter. I really like my unit and the customer support, but $35 for a packet is robbery.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest hardware has a red led, and a sensor. My only guess is that this can not only measure the drop volume (a great thing for accuracy) but also supports determining the composition of the droplet based on refracting light measurements.
Ie: a reactive dye, perhaps. The packets have a slight greenish/yellow tint, but do not VISIBLY fluoresce under UV nor IR. I tried with a wyze cam in the dark, and the ir did not make the packet glow at all. Uv does not either.
I don't have a link handy, but I had found a few pieces of hardware available that fit this description, ad well as the size and shape of the diode and sensor in the KHG behind the nozzle.
Apparently the technology is extremely sensitive. Relative ph drop from added reagent is probably also used to determine if reagent is mixed correctly.
All this authentication crap came about after the newest nozzle was offered. And at a price that would seem far cheaper than the material cost.
Makes sense to take a loss on an "upgrade" to ensure no diy reagents are used, impeding upon profit margins. I am not an engineer, nor how to read code. The f/w is a very basic binary code, unencrypted, so I'm sure someone expericed could figure out the situation.
If reagent was half the price, none of this would matter. I really like my unit and the customer support, but $35 for a packet is robbery.
I think that you are on to something with the v2 nozzle "upgrade". Reagent for less that a nickel per 1500ml batch is much more reasonable.

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you are on to something with the v2 nozzle "upgrade". Reagent for less that a nickel per 1500ml batch is much more reasonable.
I mean, at $10, I'd just buy it without much gripe. I like to test every 2 hours and keep alk at least 10dkh. At that, one packet lasts barely a month.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, at $10, I'd just buy it without much gripe. I like to test every 2 hours and keep alk at least 10dkh. At that, one packet lasts barely a month.
On another note...

The ability to set testing times would be really nice as opposed to only testing intervals.

I would like to only dose my alk after lights off to help with pH balance. To accomplish this I would only test at night.

Still testing 6 times per day but changing the interval to every 120 minutes. I would simply cut the power to the unit with the Apex or a simple timer during the display tank's photo period. I would turn the power on 2 hours prior to lights out to start testing at the end of the photo period.

This will also sync the tests to certain times of the day because the clock would be reset at the same time everyday.

Unless you are using a ton of alk I think this method might provide more stable pH than dosing alk all day long. The alk swing should still be nice and tight.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think is just based on the accidity on so many drops should drop the ph that much. No fancy things
The test itself is a simple titration, yes.
The unit apparently has a means of detecting if the reagent is oem or something else. People using DIY reagents have reported their units "locking up" due to using unauthorized reagents; requiring them to sent the unit in and pay for a service to "unlock" them.

That's the fancy things.

Crisstianoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have taken the board apart and believe me when i say is just a glorified arduino mega.. you just need a programmer and a file that you download before the board is "locked"

Attachments

• 20220807_165933.jpg
    20220807_165933.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 51

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have taken the board apart and believe me when i say is just a glorified arduino mega.. you just need a programmer and a file that you download before the board is "locked"
Please share. A tutorial on this would be wonderful.

Crisstianoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to give me some time I am a long haul truck driver and all the files are on my desktop pc. All you need is a usb programmer, ( Sparkfun Pocket AVR Programmer https://a.co/d/cACIcFe ) and if you use my skematic that i posted you will find an ATmega2560 or 2550PA. With avrdude you can read the chip and backlog/save the file on your pc. Now, there is still a second chip that i did not have time to probe in but that is for another time when i will have some time to spare. Maybe when I will get back home now that you raised my interest....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back