Kicking the wife out!

jerrad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
292
Reaction score
151
Location
Candler nc
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1349.JPG
After 1.5 years and a lot of thought over the last 6 months. Have led us to kicking the wife's biocube off my reefer 350........ just because she finally landed a 90 gallon rimless cube. So far she has the tank, stand, glass tops, xr30 G3 pro, vertex skimmer, waveline 10000 dc pump. Looking for suggestions on sumps, cube sump? Long sump? DIY? Deff would like a fuge in the sump.
 
I would go with a custom sump as most sumps on the market are tough to fit this cube.
 
Define custom, something I can point and click or contact a company and have built? Thanks.
I would go with a custom sump as most sumps on the market are tough to fit this cube.
 
Would you buy the ehopps again?
I got my setup used and it came with the eshopps sump and skimmer. I love them I do wish there was more room in the sump for a refuge. However I don't really need it for nutrient export I am dosing nitrates as it is. The sump is the rs-100 which fits nice in that stand its 24" long and the skimmer is an s-120 fits nice in the sump and kicks butt I rarely if ever have to adjust it and it skims like no skimmer I have ever owned. I change my filter socks every 4 days and it all works well. The only complaint I have is I have to keep the water level in the sump higher than normal for my heater. Here is my tank build thread there is a picture of the sump under the stand https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/coils-90-gallon-cube.327108/ A lot has changed in there since then but you will get an idea.
 
Thanks so much! Thanks for all the feed back!!!
I got my setup used and it came with the eshopps sump and skimmer. I love them I do wish there was more room in the sump for a refuge. However I don't really need it for nutrient export I am dosing nitrates as it is. The sump is the rs-100 which fits nice in that stand its 24" long and the skimmer is an s-120 fits nice in the sump and kicks *** I rarely if ever have to adjust it and it skims like no skimmer I have ever owned. I change my filter socks every 4 days and it all works well. The only complaint I have is I have to keep the water level in the sump higher than normal for my heater. Here is my tank build thread there is a picture of the sump under the stand https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/coils-90-gallon-cube.327108/ A lot has changed in there since then but you will get an idea.
 
Thought I'd update. Been busy aquiring some stuff for the build. As follows:

Sand
Twin brs reactor
Tunze 3155
Vertex omega 150
Waveline 10000
Xr30 G3 pro
All the live rock you could cram in it
Gate valves and plumbing parts otw....

For a sump I ended up building my own. It's not the prettiest but will function. I plan on haveing a 10 gallon remote fuge under this cabinet also.
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG
 
A0ECB86A-6DD4-440B-9DDE-DE8C326B4EBE.jpeg
A0ECB86A-6DD4-440B-9DDE-DE8C326B4EBE.jpeg
Welp she’s been in for a month. And the hording starts.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new