Killer bee bait as anemone food?

SimplyVibing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Two days ago I bought a BTA that was nearly completely bleached out of pity, and I really want to get this little guy back on his feet. I’ve been feeding him (affectionately named Sticky) frozen brine shrimp mixed with filter-feeder coral food for a little bit more nutrition, once a day.

I work at Walmart and we sell Killer Bee Bait. Has anyone used this to feed their fish? I’m considering live worms or the small head-on shrimp.

tldr: Has anyone used Killer Bee Bait as fish food? Is it safe to use?

Attached is a pic of Sticky chowing down on brine shrimp.

0EE39C0F-A227-4748-9798-8764B246758D.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp has next to no nutritional value, feed mysis. Bta’s need decent light too, what are you running? Your using RODI water correct? Salinity 1.026?

OP
OP
SimplyVibing

SimplyVibing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp has next to no nutritional value, feed mysis. Bta’s need decent light too, what are you running? Your using RODI water correct? Salinity 1.026?

Thank you for the info! I’ll be getting mysis shrimp tonight.
I have good Coralife lighting, but when I placed Sticky where he could get full light he moved himself under a rock arch— high lighting is probably what bleached him in the first place, and since he has no bacteria to photosynthesize, he really has no need for intense light rn. He’ll come back out when he wants to IMO.

RODI water only, 1.026 salinity with Instant Ocean salt (ik it’s not great quality but I’m cheap and it works)

Thanks, let me know if you have any other suggestions! :)

Back