Killer in my tank

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, this escalated quickly. I get that it's easy to take things the wrong way by reading words on a screen as opposed to face to face discussion but i don't think anybody meant to offend you OP. In this hobby, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. As soon as I read that you put your new fish into your tank without QT and now they're dying, the easiest answer is often the correct one. I immediately thought that they probably have some sort of parasite and should have been QT or at the very least, dipped. Sure, some people don't QT and have great results. I used to be that guy until I had an ich outbreak. Never again. OP, you should stick around. It's a public forum. People can say whatever they want. Just ignore them if you don't like what they say.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've asked some beginner questions plenty, or panicked questions, and have never experienced meanness. Sometimes answers clearly had no bearing on question where the poster missed something but I've always said my thanks and just am grateful someone was willing to take the time to answer. Ppl here are so giving of their time and knowledge, and as we all led busy lives, it's easy to miss something, esp. if someone else's answers catch your attention. Sometimes I've sped-read the threads. Just take what fits the situation and don't take anything personal. That's my rule.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back