Oh I'm not gonna wear a darth vadar mask, play star wars music in the background and have tons of fun. And I certainly would rather spend my money elsewhere ... BUT, my tank is in such bad shape and over run with these things (again 3 things I need gone) that it is eaither a total tank tear down (chipping away sps, re-gluing them on to new live rock (live rock of course is not cheap) , etc , etc, etc, etc. (all of those "etc." cost money and A LOT of time, not to mention I have tried pretty much every thing out there to rid my tank of these things) ...
and with a 6 foot long, 125 gallon system, this option seems like a good way to clear things up, and then go from there in terms of better methods to get control of things and manage things from there after. Again, I am going off of several videos (melvs reef being one of them) where people HAVE had success killing off a lot of this stuff. So for me, it is worth a try.
When I clean things up (and it is bad right now) then I will go from there on ways to maintain a clean tank and deal with the problems on a much smaller level then they are right now.