OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ledge is from a flat rock I have that I epoxied and glued together. Used JB water weld and loctite super gel glue. Let it set and support it before going in water, mine broke apart when I moved it before letting it set.
Thank you!! I really like it. Makes it look more open.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had tragedies last night. Will have to let it run a bit until I can replace the broken canister on the RO then do a 100% waterchange and put my saved coral back in.
Have no idea what did this.

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. Like the aquascaping pretty unique. Do you have any issue with heat with the halide. I have an extra 150 watt halide and want to set up another nano just dont want to have to deal with a chiller.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! Its actually my first enjoyed aquascape.
I don't see a best issue. The tank is opened up to allow for evaporative cooling. Try it out, maybe use a fan if needed.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a toy from my wish list. Should arrive tomorrow or Thursday along with new salt, Red Sea Coral Pro, later on. Heard good things and want to try something with higher levels compared to instant ocean.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Can't believe I waited this long to get one. Over two years and I just purchased one and they are everything I expected! Love that it will be good for future upgrades too!! Can't wait for my other stuff to come in so I can do a big water change and pick up my corals.
What is this I'm talking about? Its a Vortech MP10!!

Tank has particles flying around. Waiting for salt to do a 100% wc

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337924242536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337924242536.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice addition :D One of these days will upgrade my powerheads, for now though working on upgrading my lighting.

specvjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do a 100% water change. May be a little bit of shock to the tank. I'd start with 20% and change slowly. What salt are you using now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice addition!!

I wouldn't go 100% yet either. Do less than half and see how everybody reacts first, the less reaction you see, the sooner you can do another medium to large waterchange.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great upgrade!! Cant wait to have live stock in to see the effects.

The reason I'm doing the 100% is because the tank is empty right now, corals are being held by a friend. So the only thing in there is rock. I'll be using red sea coral plus once it comes in the mail. Got me a bucket

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet toy update! Love my vortech. I wouldnt do a 100% water change waste of money(salt/water) and beneficial bacteria IMO. With a 14g you just need 4g water changes and thats 28%...

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great upgrade!! Cant wait to have live stock in to see the effects.

The reason I'm doing the 100% is because the tank is empty right now, corals are being held by a friend. So the only thing in there is rock. I'll be using red sea coral plus once it comes in the mail. Got me a bucket

Gotcha, I'd do the same. I would test the params before filling the tank though just to make sure everything is spot on. Easier to dilute/add more in the bucket than in the tank.

OP
OP
jtgordon20

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I did two 5 gallon Waterchanges so rocks wouldn't be entirely out of water. Mixed salt up to 1.025 and did 5g at a time.
Next project will be making light hanger for the metal halide and clean the fixture up. Repaint it and new screws so its fresh for the new fresh tank (thanks to the mp10)
After that I'll be cleaning my old sand and adding that. Bb was nice for the detrius but I miss the look of sand.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back