Kireek's Macro shots

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theses images were captured using a point and shoot camera.

DSCF7026.jpg

DSCF7022.jpg

DSCF9145.jpg

DSCF9150.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice pictures! It's amazing how much camera technology has improved. Not long ago, it would take a really good DSLR and an expensive macro lens to get pictures that good.
Thanks DougW! I agree the new technology is incredible! I am using a older FUJIFILM Finepix AX560 camera,it has served me well for the last two years.I would expect the newer models to be even better.

Were those taken underwater with a waterproof P&S? They look great either way. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks DaveMorris! No underwater photography involved.I take the time to place the coral right next to the glass prior to taking the shot.That's the hard part.The easy part is pushing the " Macro " button on the camera,it makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love them!! They are really nice pic with incredible details showing on there. Some of them look like scientific pictures that appear on daily science.com lol. Good job!

-YK
Thank you SantaMonicaHelp! I really enjoyed capturing and sharing them.

Great pictures! Really like the one of the monti
Thank you kschweer! That is a purple rimmed green montipora under metal halide.This light makes everything look good and true to color.

DSCF9790.jpg

DSCF9796.jpg

DSCF9720.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The following photos were taken with a I -Pad of all things.
[...]

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Are there any tips that you can share about settings, lighting, tripod, possible post-processing, or any other key details?

OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Are there any tips that you can share about settings, lighting, tripod, possible post-processing, or any other key details?
Well I can tell you that I don't you a tripod. LEDS have a tendency to really mess with the camera so turning the blues down helps.Reflections can be tricky to deal with as well.Sometimes I have to cover up or turn off the other sources of light. Occasionally I will crop a photo if it looks untidy on the edges.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back