Klir 4" filter

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trigger sump uses a acrylic tray that had 3 hole on the wrong config. I just cut my own two hole config.

Let me draw it out.

6894012b5bfff922dd8159f53a2f77d1.jpg

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trigger sump uses a acrylic tray that had 3 hole on the wrong config. I just cut my own two hole config.

Let me draw it out.

6894012b5bfff922dd8159f53a2f77d1.jpg

Did you cut out the tray that is the stock Trigger sock holder?

I just got an email back from Carlos at CoralVue and he said he thinks the sock chamber opening on top is to small for the Klir to fit in. He advised dremmeling it out, but was sure to state that any modifications would void a warranty.

Was that the case? Or did it not fit in the holes?

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The opening works for me. I have two in my 3 sock system. I just bought a extra acrylic at tap plastic for 2 bucks and cut my own.

024b6ea94a2ea41ffcca480a13cf912d.jpg

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I had to do. I had to make my own tray cause the orientation of the trigger is not correct.

What did you do with the original Trigger tray? Is it removable (mines still in the box)? Did you cut it out and silicone a new tray?

Metasyntactic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I see this filter media, the more I suspect coralvue and others are just selling coolant filter paper. I've been looking at seeing if I can find a supplier for 4" rolls, coolant paper is substantially cheaper.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little update on the klir after not having any instructions I wasted 3 rolls of this fleece. Coralvue Carlos told me I installed it wrong. I was having the sensor installed to close to water fluctuation. Having it fixed and finally getting the power y cable for running two at a time. This thing's working great. Only time will tell how long the motor lasts as the roll of wet fleece does out some stress when rolling up all wet.

revnull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time will tell how long the motor lasts as the roll of wet fleece does out some stress when rolling up all wet.

I wondered the same thing, but I think there is a reduction gear in the assembly. I think that should extend the life of the motor. What I would love to see is a fleece run out sensor. Maybe that is what the unused ports on the controller is for? :)

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I attempted to make my own adapter and ran into a problem. I cut out a 4” circle in my acrylic plate, but the adapter that comes on the Klir filter is not a complete circle. On the kilr adapter that’s not a complete circle the water leaks through there. What’s the point of that? The other adapters are complete circles but not 4”. One of them is almost 4” but not sure exactly what the diameter of it is. Any ideas how to fix that issue ?

revnull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the kilr adapter that’s not a complete circle the water leaks through there. What’s the point of that?

I think it's keyed for use with their freestanding adapter. It allows the side profiles to align flush. (all wild assumptions :) )

The other adapters are complete circles but not 4”. One of them is almost 4” but not sure exactly what the diameter of it is. Any ideas how to fix that issue ?

Here are the measurements from my adapter base. I hope it helps.
snipaste_20180930_172350.jpg

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's keyed for use with their freestanding adapter. It allows the side profiles to align flush. (all wild assumptions :) )

Here are the measurements from my adapter base. I hope it helps.
snipaste_20180930_172350.jpg
Wow thank you for the diagram. So I guess I have to use the full circle adapter. Now converting your measurements 99.5mm to inches is 3.917” which leads me to another issue. The 4” hole will still have leaks with that adapter. Wish I had a 3D printer.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the orientation of the Klir Filter Matter which direction it’s inserted into the filter sock ? I am not sure I am explaining myself correctly but I am trying to figure out if it matters which direction it’s placed and where the flow enters the filter.

revnull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the orientation of the Klir Filter Matter which direction it’s inserted into the filter sock ? I am not sure I am explaining myself correctly but I am trying to figure out if it matters which direction it’s placed and where the flow enters the filter.
I have found that it's quieter if the water straight through the opaque sides. Based on info from CoralVue, the optical sensor for face away from active flow to reduce the possibility of sloshing triggering the roller prematurely.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that it's quieter if the water straight through the opaque sides. Based on info from CoralVue, the optical sensor for face away from active flow to reduce the possibility of sloshing triggering the roller prematurely.
Thank you for getting back to me so quick. In that position my cabinet door will not close because the fleece motor is in the way. Is that the only position it could be placed ?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back