Klir DI-7 (Do positive reviews exist?)

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two Klir DI-4s configured in multi-unit mode a few weeks ago. I used socks previously only to polish water. Using them more regularly would entail me changing them out every few days using a water sensor.

Now the units just take care of themselves. I was skeptical and perhaps I haven’t owned them long enough, but they do seem to perform well and as expected.

I ordered a bunch of replacement rolls from Klir when I ordered the multi-unit Y cable.

Like OP I was concerned about the bad reviews. Let’s hope our positive experiences hold and help others sitting on the fence.

If you feed heavy, these are a no brainer.

Installed into second sock chamber of a Waterbox Peninsula 7225 sump.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two Klir DI-4s configured in multi-unit mode a few weeks ago. I used socks previously only to polish water. Using them more regularly would entail me changing them out every few days using a water sensor.

Now the units just take care of themselves. I was skeptical and perhaps I haven’t owned them long enough, but they do seem to perform well and as expected.

I ordered a bunch of replacement rolls from Klir when I ordered the multi-unit Y cable.

Like OP I was concerned about the bad reviews. Let’s hope our positive experiences hold and help others sitting on the fence.

If you feed heavy, these are a no brainer.

Installed into second sock chamber of a Waterbox Peninsula 7225 sump.
Yea these looked like a perfect way for me to get into a roller system. I have an RS-300 sump so still not sure how they'd work with the rectangular cutouts for my socks, but I'll keep digging on that.

Similarly the bad reviews got my attention, but most seem pretty old. There don't seem to be any other "deop-in" options at the moment.

Glad to hear you've been really enjoying yours!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea these looked like a perfect way for me to get into a roller system. I have an RS-300 sump so still not sure how they'd work with the rectangular cutouts for my socks, but I'll keep digging on that.

Similarly the bad reviews got my attention, but most seem pretty old. There don't seem to be any other "deop-in" options at the moment.

Glad to hear you've been really enjoying yours!

There were issues in the beginning but Coralvue updated the motor, rollers etc.

They work really well with the Hydros.

I do not know how they would work in a rectangular cut out. There is no adapter you would have to make something yourself.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back