Klir Filter Review.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue Yikes!
After going a year with all the original issues and getting piecemeal part replacements, I am finally okay with the product for the most part so I pull the trigger on a 2nd unit last week for a different tank setup.
Figured all updated parts should have been cycled through by now but nope, open the box and there's a 3 RPM motor in there :(

Shoot an email to [email protected] and we'll send you an upgraded motor!

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best purchase I have made in a very long time. I love mine! I have had it a few months now with ZERO issues at all.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright friends. Two months zero issues then crap!!

alarms and alarms. Fleece got stuck. Almost tore but was able to feed it through.

The other still working perfectly fine.

sent an email. Pics and vid to coralvue and we decided the waste spindle became stripped. I have wasted two rolls trying to fix this issue.

a day later Amy at coralvue is sending me several reinforced spindles and a couple new rolls.
Couldn’t ask for better support.

truth be told - this product is NOT perfect. But it’s dang good when ran properly and not modified. The most important thing is that the company is diligently working hard at perfecting it and are helping us all out with all the issues and kinks. So if you are having problems dont get upset and frustrated. Just reach out and they’ll take great care of you.

Greg Brugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@AquamanE
I just saw this post. Sorry. Do you still need assistance with this?
1575821972699.png

I use the Klir Bracket and put the Klir filter in that. I drilled two holes into the bracket and mounted the Apex Sensor above the Klir Sensor (That way the Apex turns on the motor the Klir Controller/Motor is connected to). The Klir sensor is also installed into the bracket. This mod does require an FMM. I left the Klir Controller and everything hooked up as usual. I just re-positioned the KLIR sensor from the filter unit itself and put it on the bracket instead. The Apex outlet only allows the outlet to come on for 5 seconds at a time. I programmed my Apex outlets as follows:

Physical Outlet on EB832:
1575821511959.png

The Virtual Outlet is configured as follows. Its monitors the Apex Sensor connected to the KLIR bracket.
1575821546191.png

If you still need help feel free to PM directly. R2R didn't notify me of the tags. Also, checked my Junk email and nothing was there either.

Last edited:

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright fellas. Almost three months of use and one of mine started having issues. emailed with Amy at coralvue and turns out another spool got stripped.
They just sent me several new reinforced spools and two new rolls for the troubles. Talk about customer service!!

new spools are so much stronger than the old ones.The new spools feel so much stronger and heavier! Super quick fix and we’re up and rolling again!!!

once again - definitely not 100% perfect product but they’re sure as heck trying their hardest to make it so make sure to give feedback when y’all can!

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a WB 7226 peninsula and I am over the Filter sock problem. I have been looking at all the different varieties of the rollers but seem it keep coming back to the DI-4 due to the ease of no plumbing or sump mods. However I have been very cautious after all the reviews and this thread. I won’t lie, most of the pages of design flaws and issues pretty much spooked me away. However, the latest news of product improvements and customer service give me a little hope. I did have a few questions, maybe they were answered earlier in the thread and I missed them.
- Have the new DI-4’s been upgraded with the new motors?
- Has the roll tension and tearing issues been resolved?
- Is there still an issue with the dry side of the roll getting wet and ruined?
My sump has spots for 4 - 4” socks. My intent was to purchase 2 DI-4’s and have them positioned in the first chamber next to each other. I have included a picture of the sock area as reference.
BDDB3393-A0CC-4985-84BC-A320B4019B2E.jpeg

- Would I even be able to have both Filter next to each other or is it to close?

I have looked at the dimensions of the filter, but the motor housing looks like it sticks out further and would impede the ability for the two filters to be placed next to each other.
I am really hoping that the overall satisfaction with the product has drastically increased! I would love to pull the trigger on two of these and not go cutting up my sump or plumbing.

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered a DI-4 from Premium Aquatics 3 weeks ago and it came in with an old motor, had to sigh and contact CoralVue for the upgraded motor because the old motor does not function accordingly. The bottom bracket with the slightly higher rollers were changed in this unit so that was done. There were no other changes to the unit that I know of.
As for placing 2 units together, you can face the motor side opposite of each other.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had ordered a DI-4 from Premium Aquatics 3 weeks ago and it came in with an old motor, had to sigh and contact CoralVue for the upgraded motor because the old motor does not function accordingly. The bottom bracket with the slightly higher rollers were changed in this unit so that was done. There were no other changes to the unit that I know of.
As for placing 2 units together, you can face the motor side opposite of each other.
Thank you for the info. After you replaced the motors. Has everything functioned appropriately?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the upgraded motor has the hp to pull the wet roll now and the only time the fleece "might" snag and partially tear is if your systems has baby snails that tend to get all over the place in your sump.
This is my 2nd unit, the 1st was preorder and just about everything went wrong with that one.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I decided to purchase 2 DI-4’s last night. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed about the success you guys are having. I really hope this eliminates one of my major headaches. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won’t be disappointed brother. An expensive but best investment I’ve made in some time. I used to not even run filter socks because I hated to change them.
Then with the waterbox I did because of the ease of access but was having to change out every 3-4 days. Such a pain.

with the new motors and reinforced spools my tank is so clean and it’s amazing to not have to deal with the mess anymore besides once every 6-8 weeks since I have two Di7s

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won’t be disappointed brother. An expensive but best investment I’ve made in some time. I used to not even run filter socks because I hated to change them.
Then with the waterbox I did because of the ease of access but was having to change out every 3-4 days. Such a pain.

with the new motors and reinforced spools my tank is so clean and it’s amazing to not have to deal with the mess anymore besides once every 6-8 weeks since I have two Di7s
I wish I had the 7” socks instead of the 4. But the 2 DI-4’s will give me the flow requirement I am at. You said with yours working in tandem it really helps conserve the roll? I’m not a heavy feeder to the fish. It’s mostly aminos and other coral foods for my SPS dominant.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat correct. The first one is used up much faster than the second one. So the second one is definitely conserved more. Yes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back