Klir Filter Review.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a waterbox sump and run filter floss with a sock cup and toss it out when it clog in the first chamber. when it clog it in a few days, the water bypass and goes to my klir4 in the second chamber.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to buy new rolls today and BRS and Coralvue showed out of stock... I'm also curious what is going on...

they sold a lot, i got a bunch from BRS a week ago and saltwater still has the roll replacement. BRS seems to have issues and tons of stuff are out of stock

Marinedepot has them too

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think having two increases the max flow you can put through them thou? Or just extends the life of the floss? The first one is still bearing the brunt of the flow. Do you find that one floss is used more quickly than the other?
my klir4 i change it 2 months

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok guys, i just recieved a new klir 4 from saltwateraquarium.com. I know i have the newer 11rpm. The controller is blue. Is there any other parts that have been updated on these units that i need to check? I remember reading something about the cage thats been updated as well? I just want to make sure i have the latest parts before i move forward with it!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We put them on sale because we have 900+ more on the way and we don't want to be overstocked. We are moving into a new building early next year. It's being built from the ground so it's very geared toward the CoralVue of today and not the CV of 16 years ago. We have been taking active measures to keep our current location as clutter-free as possible, but it's hard because we outgrew it long ago. If you guys are ever interested in buying new open box products for less than MAP, please join our Outlet Store group on Facebook.

The models currently on the market are already new(er) versions with refinements that are known to the public. I think we'll need to update our product description and provide it to our retail partners so they can update theirs accordingly. I had suggested we call them V2 or G2 (or whatever) and offer it as a new SKU because the stink of the original model with the underpowered motor is hard to wash off. I threw out the idea of a simple but noticeable change, like making the lid a different color, so people could differentiate between older and new generations... but the current shipment was already in production.

In our beta tester group for the HYDROS Controllers, users have replaced the stock optical eye on the Klir with a HYDROS water level sensor. This eliminates the need for the original Klir controller entirely since you can control the filter with HYDROS. The benefit is you can create your own custom rules for even better operation and safety. You can set the rules however you'd like, such as experimenting with different start and stop times. If you want, you could ditch the optical eye entirely and control the Klir through an outlet. You could set it to run once an hour, once a day, or whatever you interval you like. Or maybe it only operates when the flow is at a certain rate. You could set the maximum time the roll will spin. If a fair amount of users combine HYDROS with Klir, I think we would be in a better, more informed position to release a smarter standalone Klir controller based on data we collect. I don't know if the cost would be worth it, but we shall see.

In terms of new innovations with Klir, actually there is a new one on the way: a hang-on Klir that doesn't need to be placed in a filter sock holder. It may even be in the next shipment.

klir-1.png

Last edited:

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We put them on sale because we have 900+ more on the way and we don't want to be overstocked. We are moving into a new building early next year. It's being built from the ground so it's very geared toward the CoralVue of today and not the CV of 16 years ago. We have been taking active measures to keep our current location as clutter-free as possible, but it's hard because we outgrew it long ago. If you guys are ever interested in buying new open box products for less than MAP, please join our Outlet Store group on Facebook.

The models currently on the market are already new(er) versions with refinements that are known to the public. I think we'll need to update our product description and provide it to our retail partners so they can update theirs accordingly. I had suggested we call them V2 or G2 (or whatever) and offer it as a new SKU because the stink of the original model with the underpowered motor is hard to wash off. I threw out the idea of a simple but noticeable change, like making the lid a different color, so people could differentiate between older and new generations... but the current shipment was already in production.

In our beta tester group for the HYDROS Controllers, users have replaced the stock optical eye on the Klir with a HYDROS water level sensor. This eliminates the need for the original Klir controller entirely since you can control the filter with HYDROS. The benefit is you can create your own custom rules for even better operation and safety. You can set the rules however you'd like, such as experimenting with different start and stop times. If you want, you could ditch the optical eye entirely and control the Klir through an outlet. You could set it to run once an hour, once a day, or whatever you interval you like. Or maybe it only operates when the flow is at a certain rate. You could set the maximum time the roll will spin. If a fair amount of users combine HYDROS with Klir, I think we would be in a better, more informed position to release a smarter standalone Klir controller based on data we collect. I don't know if the cost would be worth it, but we shall see.

In terms of new innovations with Klir, actually there is a new one on the way: a hang-on Klir that doesn't need to be placed in a filter sock holder. It may even be in the next shipment.

klir-1.png
Jeff,
I picked one up from SWA. It did arrive with the higher powered motor. Does that mean i have the newer version with all updated parts? Thanks

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff,
I picked one up from SWA. It did arrive with the higher powered motor. Does that mean i have the newer version with all updated parts? Thanks

They don't have serial #'s so it's not something where I can log into a system and see a production date, but I am pretty certain you would have all of the current refinements given that it's already outfit with the more powerful motor. Plus, SWA is a high-volume retail partner so they move a lot of units. The likelihood of old stock sitting on their shelves is unlikely. But we're in the "making hobbyists happy" business, not the "leave you high and dry and laugh all the way to the bank" business. We want to earn your trust and satisfaction so you will tell your friends about the Klir. If you have any issues, just shoot me an email: [email protected]. You're protected by a 1-Year Factory Warranty. If something is awry, we will make it right.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the MAP discounts going to be migrating North @Jeff@CoralVue ?

As far as the New Open Box units I mentioned? You can buy those direct so yeah! We have Klirs where the outside retail boxes are scuffed up or damaged somehow so stores don't want them, although the product inside is perfectly fine. We have other products in a similar state... like something we used for a video or a store demo so the box is open. There's an Abyzz pump in the Outlet Store right now for less than retail, or at least there was as of yesterday. There was only one of those so I assume it will sell quickly.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined the club and I purchased a 4" Kilr drop in model, I am bringing home some more earplugs for my wife, so when she screams again LOL OH yeah it is my birthday, NO MACNA No RAP this year what's an equipment guy to do?

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined the club and I purchased a 4" Kilr drop in model, I am bringing home some more earplugs for my wife, so when she screams again LOL OH yeah it is my birthday, NO MACNA No RAP this year what's an equipment guy to do?

I am interested to see what kind of virtual experience MASNA puts together on such short notice. I think they can absolutely deliver on their promise of Education, but the Trade and Community aspects seem more challenging.

As far as earplugs go, I started wearing them when my wife was pregnant. Now it's hard not to; it's like sleeping in an isolation chamber.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the New Open Box units I mentioned? You can buy those direct so yeah! We have Klirs where the outside retail boxes are scuffed up or damaged somehow so stores don't want them, although the product inside is perfectly fine. We have other products in a similar state... like something we used for a video or a store demo so the box is open. There's an Abyzz pump in the Outlet Store right now for less than retail, or at least there was as of yesterday. There was only one of those so I assume it will sell quickly.
@Jeff@CoralVue Overlooked this alert. I meant with retail partners, as it looks like most of the US vendors have been allowed to reduce the MAP (AD / BRS / etc). Will that be extending North?

Last edited:

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please explain how you run two of them like this? I can’t find instructions anywhere.

I have two Di7s in our 230.6 and work flawlessly. I have them daisy chained but use the sensor of the second one. Therefore when the first one clogs it overflows to second one and when that one clogs they both turn. Works like a charm.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had listened to what my instincts where telling me about the Klir Motor shaft. I suspected that it would rust at the point where the roll is inserted and yep did! I have now put a generous coating of silicone grease on the shaft and filled the hole going to the motor with grease. I wish I had done this before the rust had started. It has not affected the unit and it is still working well after about 6 months.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To run two klir filters in series you use one controller only and one sensor only as well. You just get a “Y” cable to do so where you’ll plug the motors of both units into. When the water reaches the sensor it signals both motors to rotate in sync.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had listened to what my instincts where telling me about the Klir Motor shaft. I suspected that it would rust at the point where the roll is inserted and yep did! I have now put a generous coating of silicone grease on the shaft and filled the hole going to the motor with grease. I wish I had done this before the rust had started. It has not affected the unit and it is still working well after about 6 months.

Let us replace that for you! Email [email protected] and cc me [email protected]. You are well within the warranty period. Could you provide photos for reference?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us replace that for you! Email [email protected] and cc me [email protected]. You are well within the warranty period. Could you provide photos for reference?
That is great customer support. I will take some Pics tomorrow.
Just a suggestion. You guys should include one of those tiny packets of silicone grease with the unit. Unless that shaft is made of high grade stainless steel it will never survive long term against the salt water dripping off the wet floss.
Rob

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back