Klir Filter Review.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by any chance are there any in-depth step by step direction on how to connect you klir filter to the apex?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no am
by any chance are there any in-depth step by step direction on how to connect you klir filter to the apex?
just running mine in “dumb” mode right now for a few seconds each day. Here is my program:

Configuration​

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 20:00 to 20:01 Then ON
Defer 001:48 Then ON

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no am

just running mine in “dumb” mode right now for a few seconds each day. Here is my program:

Configuration​

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 20:00 to 20:01 Then ON
Defer 001:48 Then ON
How are you activating the Klir controller? Are you somehow closing the circuit on the optical sensor?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you activating the Klir controller? Are you somehow closing the circuit on the optical sensor?
I am not using the stock controller or sensor. I replaced the connector on the stock power supply with one of the connectors off of these and have it plugged into my apex EB832.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using the stock controller or sensor. I replaced the connector on the stock power supply with one of the connectors off of these and have it plugged into my apex EB832.

that connects right into your eb832 and you don't use a water sensor?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This is what i was planning to do! Glad to see it works. I have had that y cable in my cart all week just havent purchased yet!

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be aware that you will need to cut the connector off of stock power supply to attach the y-cable. I soldered them together but you could use wire nuts if you do not have a soldering iron.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just be aware that you will need to cut the connector off of stock power supply to attach the y-cable. I soldered them together but you could use wire nuts if you do not have a soldering iron.
Yea i was planning on soldering and heat shrinking!

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you control the Klir by turning the power on and off to the unit?
Yes thats the plan. I could also add a float or eye from my apex at a later date. I just want to run the motor longer than what the stock controller provides. Mine tends to kick on in short little bursts and the fleece gets stuck and stretches. I want it to turn for about 4 sec when it rolls to keep it moving smooth.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thats the plan. I could also add a float or eye from my apex at a later date. I just want to run the motor longer than what the stock controller provides. Mine tends to kick on in short little bursts and the fleece gets stuck and stretches. I want it to turn for about 4 sec when it rolls to keep it moving smooth
@infinite0180 wondering if you have any updates on how your Klir mod is going. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but would appreciate any lessons / thoughts you picked up along the way. Thanks in advance.

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been running great for a few weeks now. I just gave it powered on by my Apex for a few seconds each night.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@infinite0180 wondering if you have any updates on how your Klir mod is going. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but would appreciate any lessons / thoughts you picked up along the way. Thanks in advance.
Im still waiting on my order from Coralvue. It may have been lost!

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been really impressed with the shipping times of everything that I have ordered from Coralvue. I live outside of Houston and get my items in 1 to 2 days.

Mike Jenkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long are you all getting out of a 7” roll? For some reason my paper is clogging faster than it should. I have bypassed the controller and use the apex to roll it a few seconds every hour. (Because the factory sensor was eating up rolls too fast). Each time it rolls the water level drops about 1/4” in the sock tray and within 10 minutes it’s full and overflowing the top of the tray again. I have played around with the timing and the tray still fills up too quickly. The used paper isn’t nearly as dirty as what I’m seeing in your all’s photos. Each roll is only lasting me a couple of weeks and that’s with the sock tray overflowing a large majority of the time. I have opened up the “bypass” in the other sock holder slightly but then most of the water goes that way and I don’t catch all of the detritus and it ends up collecting in my fuge. What is going on? I am trying to flow about 900gph through it but it doesn’t seem to be able to handle it. Is the 50 micron paper too restrictive? Currently only 10 fish in a relatively new 340 gallon system.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long are you all getting out of a 7” roll? For some reason my paper is clogging faster than it should. I have bypassed the controller and use the apex to roll it a few seconds every hour. (Because the factory sensor was eating up rolls too fast). Each time it rolls the water level drops about 1/4” in the sock tray and within 10 minutes it’s full and overflowing the top of the tray again. I have played around with the timing and the tray still fills up too quickly. The used paper isn’t nearly as dirty as what I’m seeing in your all’s photos. Each roll is only lasting me a couple of weeks and that’s with the sock tray overflowing a large majority of the time. I have opened up the “bypass” in the other sock holder slightly but then most of the water goes that way and I don’t catch all of the detritus and it ends up collecting in my fuge. What is going on? I am trying to flow about 900gph through it but it doesn’t seem to be able to handle it. Is the 50 micron paper too restrictive? Currently only 10 fish in a relatively new 340 gallon system.
Wow that’s crazy. Were you running socks before switching to a Klir? How long would they last before you had to replace them?

To answer your question I have a 120G and I replace the 25yd roll about every 6-8 weeks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back