klir filter roller.

Majortom1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just installed the klir 7inch roller. My question is how do you know when to change the roll? I can't really see the roll without removing the entire filter. I'm tight on space in my sump

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just installed the klir 7inch roller. My question is how do you know when to change the roll? I can't really see the roll without removing the entire filter. I'm tight on space in my sump

If you don't get an answer here this weekend then you may want to reach out to CoralVue customer support ([email protected]).

@Michael@CoralVue; @Jeff@CoralVue - can you help with this question about the Klir?

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The controller should alarm or you will hear a lot of water noise. That’s when you know it’s time for a change . :)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll hear an annoying whine from the controller.

Having used both sizes for a month, the only two major knocks against them are if the roll binds at all it will fold on the bottom rollers and become completely ineffective, and it does not handle algae pieces well at all. If you're cleaning / removing any type of mess like that, pull the unit and run the old sock for a day or so.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back