Koralias spinning the wrong way????

There could be two different issues with them. As I understand it, some of the initial batch had a bad bushing that allowed the prop to spin backwards and they offer a fix for that. The second is sone of them over time can crack the little protrusion off that is inside the front cover or housing and has a little rubber bumper stop on it that forces them to go in one direction only. If the front cover or grille has what looks life a few fins missing and yoy do not have a stub with a rubber piece on it inside the cover that could be the other issue that takes a new front grille. I never had the first problem but did have the second problem after about a year of usage on a RKL controller set to switch from one the the other every 30 seconds. The ysaw a ton of stops and starts before this happened so I am still thrilled with the quality and Hydor took care of the issue quickly as soon as I notified them, the package was in my mail in less than a week.
 
I did notice that the front grill is cracked, and I don't see a rubber stopper anywhere on it. I am waiting on a reply email from them, so hopefully it will get taken care of soon. Thanks again guys!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new