Koran and Queen angel together ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hondatek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
86
Reaction score
66
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking for anyone who has kept these two together or anyone who has mixed large angels to see what people's experiences have been.
I currently have a koran who is a bit territorial .I would not say he is super aggressive but he definitely defends his hole and doesn't take any crap from my tangs. I am considering adding a queen angel to the tank once I get the new 350 gallon up and running.
My initial thoughts are my best chance at making this work is to quarantine the queen angel now so when the 350 is up and running I can add all the fish at the same time so they don't have established territory.
Anyone have any experience with this and how did it work out for you? If it went well what do you think made it work out? Thanks
 
I'm no help but I'm also curious so here's a bump for ya
 
I am in the same boat! I will be setting up a 300 ish (6' to 8' long) tank and was wondering about tang and large angel mixing. I have a small purple tang now in my 90g that will move to bigger tank, but not sure when to move, concurrently or later once large angel is established. So here's hoping for some input!
 
Ok so I have a 625g tank and in there I have tangs and angels. All are getting along fine.

Angel order was: flame and coral beauty first, 1 week later 3 inch flag fin and 41/2” scribble, then 2 weeks later,4 inch queen along with 7 inch goldflake and 4 1/2 inch emperor. All getting along fine. My tank cycled for 4 months before starting the process. No ammonia spikes and lots of algae on rocks before adding first angel. They all are happy with little aggression.

Tang order...7” inch Naso and 4 inch yellow belly Hippo first, 1 month later the “3 amigos” 4 inch gem, 5 inch yellow and 3 inch purple at same time. All doing great and getting along. All fish are about 1“ bigger since adding.... Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Adding them at the same time is a good idea, but always easier when there is a substantial size differential between large angels. I always added juveniles so the already established adults didn’t give them more than a look.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new