Korona App iphone for reading PAR

Rijos Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

A few weeks ago I came across a light meter for IOS called KORONA (yeah I know) It has an option to read PAR. Your iPhone with a small piece of paper in front of the lens is meant to do the readings. (I used a lens holder to put a piece of paper in it) I gave it a try with my light I build myself but without any reference it's hard to tell if the reading a right or wrong. I haven't found a place where i could conveniently rent a PAR meter here (Indonesia) So is there someone here who has done a comparison or is willing to do so ;)? There is a video on youtube that was using it for grow lights for plants. Claiming it is pretty accurate. it as various light settings including LED. Talking to the owner of the APP, he would advice the RED/BLUE LED option(see the picture) but he admits he has no experience with Aquarium lights as the app was built for plant growing in mind.
Okay hope anyone can shed some light on the subject.

20201204_031229.jpg IMG_0122.jpg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used a Par meter to help club member set up their lights for years. Any of these type apps are useless. The sensor used in a Par meter is just not the same as a camera sensor. It also is important to get the under water defection reading. As this is very very important it can change by just moving the sensor a few inches in an aquarium.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used a Par meter to help club member set up their lights for years. Any of these type apps are useless. The sensor used in a Par meter is just not the same as a camera sensor. It also is important to get the under water defection reading. As this is very very important it can change by just moving the sensor a few inches in an aquarium.

have you tried and compared apps like these to your meters?

Back