Kraken/Clearview/Top Lids - WHICH ONE ?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
older thread but bumping this up. as I am in the same boat for a RS 300XL
I had a clear view for a RS 650P I liked it pretty good but i did not like the fat trio around the lid when you take it off drip everywhere.

so I am kinda leaning towards the Pisces EXO for that very reason.

Here's a top down of the Kraken lid
5.png

Here's a better top lid or clear view top down for reference

why did you like the kraken style over the clear view? what features did it have that you enjoyed better?

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
older thread but bumping this up. as I am in the same boat for a RS 300XL
I had a clear view for a RS 650P I liked it pretty good but i did not like the fat trio around the lid when you take it off drip everywhere.

so I am kinda leaning towards the Pisces EXO for that very reason.

why did you like the kraken style over the clear view? what features did it have that you enjoyed better?
Kraken just has aesthetics that are far far superior IMO. It’s a much cleaner and uniform look + cut.

Clear View isn’t my cup of tea, and there are some dialogues worth looking at in regards to material and bowing.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kraken just has aesthetics that are far far superior IMO. It’s a much cleaner and uniform look + cut.

Clear View isn’t my cup of tea, and there are some dialogues worth looking at in regards to material and bowing.
+1

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah was just looking at your build thread. also chatting with top lids guys now.
do you get water build up on the underside of the lid?
No water buildup anywhere. Also, I absolutely love the feedholes. I upgraded to the large size 6" long x 3.5" deep. My hands are petite, so I can get a lot of things done through those.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No water buildup anywhere. Also, I absolutely love the feedholes. I upgraded to the large size 6" long x 3.5" deep. My hands are petite, so I can get a lot of things done through those.
Don't forget to mention I sent you their way! Really sweet group of guys

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Lids has a predatory return policy and how they want you to do measurements is absurd. The way the deal with issues is unacceptable. The reef community deserves better than half the nonsense people push on us.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Lids has a predatory return policy and how they want you to do measurements is absurd. The way the deal with issues is unacceptable. The reef community deserves better than half the nonsense people push on us.

Not my experience at all. I appreciated the way we went through the measuring together - just because a vendor has a template for a particular brands tank and model, there are always inconsistencies when they tank is built. And if you have known jumpers that like to squeeze through the littlest of openings, those small differences can be devastating. My Red Sea was in fact about a skooch off from their stated specs and I'm glad i just didn't say to TopLids, "Yeah, just use the template".

I'm not here to start an argument thread back and forth. So I will end my comments and leave everyone to choose what's best for them.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread with a TON of useful information.

I'm in the same situation right now (WB Inifina 150.4) and I'm going with Top Lids. Thus far, their Customer Service has been AMAZING! I'm hoping to get mine drawn and approved in a day or two and then have a lid in 7 weeks.

@ESABOE Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences here.

Allen in NC

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back