Kschweer: 57 rimless build

Looking great bro!
 
Got tired of my seeing my skimmer sticking out like a sore thumb every time I look at my tank, so I threw together a "cover" quickly after work. Here's the before
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409974227.932874.jpg


And here's the "cover"
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409974345.228110.jpg






I may put some trim on it to sort of match the doors. After I decide to put trim on or not I just need to sand and paint it. The cover comes off for easy access to the collection cup and with the collection cup off the skimmer, the "cover"slides forward for when I need to do a cleaning of the pump and skimmer body.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1409974395.054318.jpg

So after about 8 months I finally got around to painting the "cover" I made for my external skimmer. Looks much better painted...lol

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
It's getting good!
 
I thought I commented yesterday, but I'm not seeing it! Either way, here it is now, I'm really liking it!
 
I thought I commented yesterday, but I'm not seeing it! Either way, here it is now, I'm really liking it!
Thanks man. Glad you're still following along. You have been posting since the beginning. I appreciate it.
 
Thanks man. Glad you're still following along. You have been posting since the beginning. I appreciate it.

It's hard to stand out in this big reefing world on R2R, I try to follow as many builds as I can. I shut my 57 down before I could really fill it up with stuff I loved, so I kind of feel like I'm vicariously living through you! That Wellso is looking beaut' up front!
 
Picked up a bunch of new sps today in a trade. Took a few quick pics of the ones that were easy to take pictures of. These are no more than 5-10 minutes In the tank

One of the nicest sarmentosa I've seen
image.jpg
image.jpg


And a beautiful milli
image.jpg


There's a bunch more I'll try to get pictures of a little later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new