Kschweer: 57 rimless build

View from the couch
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
Looks good! That's a great view!!!
Thank you. Finally got the living room pretty much fully set up after the move. It's nice to relax by the tank.
 
Last edited:
Got home from work to a dead return pump and a chilly tank. Turns out the power supply for the jebao dc6000 died. Luckily I found a power supply from an old coralvue dc skimmer pump and it matched up perfectly. So far everything looks pretty good besides a few not so happy looking zoas. Hoping they pull through. I think this may be the final "nudge" I needed to get a vectra M1.

I had the same thing happen to my Jebao DC-9000. As long as you match the DC specs for wattage, you can replace with a generic DC power supply. I bought one on Amazon.

This was an excuse to upgrade to the new DCT line of pumps and get a bigger DCT-120000 for me. I still have the DC-9000 as my backup.
 
I had the same thing happen to my Jebao DC-9000. As long as you match the DC specs for wattage, you can replace with a generic DC power supply. I bought one on Amazon.

This was an excuse to upgrade to the new DCT line of pumps and get a bigger DCT-120000 for me. I still have the DC-9000 as my backup.
Yea I got lucky having the other pump laying around. How are you liking the DCT pump?
 
Yea I got lucky having the other pump laying around. How are you liking the DCT pump?

It's nice, much quieter. I'm also running it at about 60% (vs. the 9000 running at 90%) so I hope it will remain quiet and reliable. They did raise the prices, so it's about halfway to the pricing on the premium DC pumps. I think the DC-12k was $135, so it's a harder choice than the pricepoint on the DC series prices.
 
It's nice, much quieter. I'm also running it at about 60% (vs. the 9000 running at 90%) so I hope it will remain quiet and reliable. They did raise the prices, so it's about halfway to the pricing on the premium DC pumps. I think the DC-12k was $135, so it's a harder choice than the pricepoint on the DC series prices.
I'll have to look into them too. Still hoping to see a vectra in person before pulling the trigger. Thanks for the info.
 
Check some of the anthias fish they are really nice and get along well
I have been looking into the red saddled anthias (Flavoguttatus). Seems like they can be a bit picky at first but do well but once acclimated.
image.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new