Kudos to Ecotech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried out Mobius on one of my mp40s and honestly didn’t care for it. So I downgraded my firmware. Something didn’t go well.

I now can’t use the pump. It just flashes. Reached out to ecotech and they suspecting it was the RF chip. They sent me a new one. It didn’t end up fixing the issue, so now they are sending me a new driver.
This experience was really good with there support of a several years old pump. I was thinking of going down another road with new pumps soon. But I think I’ll be sticking with vortechs.

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no dog in this fight, but today I wet up my new tank with 2xmp40, 2xradion xr15 blue and a M2 pump and everything was fine. Downloaded Mobius, updated firmware and made adjustments, including downloading a WWC lighting template.

It all worked flawlessly for me. So far...

yeah right judging you GIF

OP
OP
F

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Mobius definitely works. But I don’t like that it’s Bluetooth/short range. I like being able to adjust things in an emergency if I’m not around

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be doing the firmware downgrade on my new Vortechs soon too, so I can control them with my Apex. I've had a couple good experiences with EcoTech customer service as well, and beyond that, I think it says something that they acknowledged the desire to downgrade their firmware so you could control them with something else. It would have been easy for them to just require us to use Mobius. I haven't used Mobius at all yet, so can't comment. Hope my downgrade goes well... :oops:

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only use Mobius for flow. I have contacted Ecotech in the past with only positive things to say about them. I only use mobius VIA bluetooth, don't really care about long distance.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back