Kudos to Ecotech

  • Thread starter Thread starter Falcar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Falcar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
95
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried out Mobius on one of my mp40s and honestly didn’t care for it. So I downgraded my firmware. Something didn’t go well.

I now can’t use the pump. It just flashes. Reached out to ecotech and they suspecting it was the RF chip. They sent me a new one. It didn’t end up fixing the issue, so now they are sending me a new driver.
This experience was really good with there support of a several years old pump. I was thinking of going down another road with new pumps soon. But I think I’ll be sticking with vortechs.
 
I have no dog in this fight, but today I wet up my new tank with 2xmp40, 2xradion xr15 blue and a M2 pump and everything was fine. Downloaded Mobius, updated firmware and made adjustments, including downloading a WWC lighting template.

It all worked flawlessly for me. So far...




yeah right judging you GIF
 
Oh Mobius definitely works. But I don’t like that it’s Bluetooth/short range. I like being able to adjust things in an emergency if I’m not around
 
I'll be doing the firmware downgrade on my new Vortechs soon too, so I can control them with my Apex. I've had a couple good experiences with EcoTech customer service as well, and beyond that, I think it says something that they acknowledged the desire to downgrade their firmware so you could control them with something else. It would have been easy for them to just require us to use Mobius. I haven't used Mobius at all yet, so can't comment. Hope my downgrade goes well... :oops:
 
I only use Mobius for flow. I have contacted Ecotech in the past with only positive things to say about them. I only use mobius VIA bluetooth, don't really care about long distance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new