Kuekenthali and Marble Saron Shrimps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marsh980
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Marsh980

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
251
Reaction score
283
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone have or had these shrimps in a reef tank. The Kuekenthali are being sold as Aiptasia eating and the Marble Saron (Saron Marmoratus) as reef safe and both great parts of the CUC.

Cheers
 
I have seen the Kuekenthali at my LFS on occasion. They are a Lysmata species, and reef-safe from what I read.

Saron shrimps are more opportunistic IMO. I personally don't consider them reef-safe (particularly with clams).
 
I have seen the Kuekenthali at my LFS on occasion. They are a Lysmata species, and reef-safe from what I read.

Saron shrimps are more opportunistic IMO. I personally don't consider them reef-safe (particularly with clams).

cheers, would you say the Kuekenthali are better or as good as the peppermint shrimp at eating Aiptasia?

I do take both with a pinch of salt as not every peppermint shrimp bothers to eat Aiptasia haha. I hear they’re very hit and miss
 
Last edited:
they’re very hit and miss

hehe, i was about to same the exact same thing. (i've never bought them for the purpose of aiptasia control). i can only think to suggest a group with the hopes that if one has an appetite, it will encourage the others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new