L.Lo error on Hanna alkalinity checker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bbhs23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 month old Hanna alkalinity checker that stopped working 2 days ago. When I put the cuvette with the plain tank water and push the button, I get the 3 blinking lines, but they last for almost a minute. Then I get the L.Lo error. I tried with tank water, new salt water, and RODI water with the same result. I wiped the cuvette with a lint free towel, gently cleaned the inside of the tester, and replaced the battery. Everything worked fine before 2 days ago.

Any idea of what’s going on? Thanks!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 month old Hanna alkalinity checker that stopped working 2 days ago. When I put the cuvette with the plain tank water and push the button, I get the 3 blinking lines, but they last for almost a minute. Then I get the L.Lo error. I tried with tank water, new salt water, and RODI water with the same result. I wiped the cuvette with a lint free towel, gently cleaned the inside of the tester, and replaced the battery. Everything worked fine before 2 days ago.

Is the top of the check completely closed? Is the cuvette really clean (you have to wipe them down with a clean cloth every time you touch it)?

OP
OP
B

bbhs23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the top of the check completely closed? Is the cuvette really clean (you have to wipe them down with a clean cloth every time you touch it)?

I just tried again while holding the lid shut and the same thing happened.

I wipe the cuvette with a new Kimwipe every time I put it in the checker. I even tried a cuvette that I’ve never used before thinking that I stained the other one.

These issues all started in the matter of a day. It had worked great for 5 months. One day it worked, and the next day it didn’t. I’ve tried about 20 times in the last 2 days and keep getting the same error.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That error is a low light error, it says to check the preparation of the vessel, make sure nothing is blocking the light inside the hanna checker and the light may need to be cleaned. Also make sure the vessel are clean.

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please contact [email protected] and we will assist you. The Checkers are under a one year warranty.

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hanna Instruments , hope you're well. I have the same issue but my checker is no longer under warranty, is there a repair service available in the UK? Many thanks in advance

brightlifeaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your checker sucks. Had the same issue with my phosphate url check just a little over a year. Italian made, poor quality
I wouldn’t go that far. Out of thousands of products made there are bound to be small issues out of the MANY produced. Depending how often these units are used and how often curvettes are replaced and handled throughout the time plays a big role. It sucks you had a bad experience but it doesn’t mean the products suck.

BiggensReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same. Have had mine about a month. Used it about 3 times and today getting the same error. For something with its price tag you would expect more!

hionreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought mine late September. Worked the first couple times just fine now getting this same issue. Clean cuvette, new battery. Tried empty cuvette and just went to c1. Would have expected l.hi or other error. Also reagents are all within spec.

Supersport350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with my Ammonia tester, after maybe 6 month to a year of use. I can't remember when it quit working, as I simply stopped testing for ammonia since it was always zero prior to the tester failing. I just tried to run the test again on my tank water and got the same L.lo error. I have pretty much all their testers for a reef tank, and it is the only one that has failed. Still disappointing after only a few months of use. I know I am beyond the 1 year by now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back