Lab results are in, need some help

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryeguyy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryeguyy84

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
535
Reaction score
337
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My ATI lab results are in and it confirmed what I thought was going on with my tank. It's starved on nutrients. I've never been able to get nitrates to a detectable level regardless of the test kit (Red Sea, Nyos, one more I can't remember) so the lab results show .06ppm nitrate. I'd like to get that up to at least 2ppm so i've been looking at sodium Nitrate since feeding excessively isn't doing anything.

my question is how much do I dose? it looks like it comes in a powder so is there a formula to mix up and dose? i'm also going to start dosing Flourish by seachem to get my phosphates up since they show 0ppm on both hanna and the lab test.

I used this test kit, surprisingly quick turn around:
https://clearchoiceaquatics.com/collections/testing-supplies/products/ati-icp-oes-water-analysis
 
Results

Capture.JPG
 
Figured it out... Didn't realize there was a bottled option. Found my answer in another thread
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new