Lanthanum chloride - a recipe...

What are you guys paying for lanthanum chloride?
I've got some grandfathered stock at work and it's definitely not cheap according to the cost price. Approx 60NZD per 100g. Effective, to be sure, but as a consumable...
 
What are you guys paying for lanthanum chloride?
I've got some grandfathered stock at work and it's definitely not cheap according to the cost price. Approx 60NZD per 100g. Effective, to be sure, but as a consumable...
If this is a question for me :)
I have already written that in my country the price with the conversion to the US dollar is 70 per 100 grams:dizzy-face:
To make you understand how expensive it is for us, I will give you the official minimum wage in Ukraine, which is 195 USD.
I think that this is an overpriced price, 3 years ago the price was up to 20 USD. Moreover, it is produced in Ukraine.
And for 20 USD I found lanthanum oxide per 100g. It's already better.

And so yes, lanthanum is an effective tool against phosphates

And many thanks to Randy for helping us find an alternative:)
 
Last edited:
I assumed something like that, but I thought I hadn't calculated something yet, so it turned out almost exactly the same :)

Just curious, when combining these reagents, we get the chemical formula... HCl + La2O3 = ... ?

La2O3 + 6HCl —> 2 La+++ + 6Cl- + 3 H2O
 
Good day!

Since I am running out of lanthanum chloride to remove phosphates from my aquarium, and the market price (shortage) in my country for 0.1 kg is about 70 dollars:dizzy-face:, I have a question....

Hi, @Randy Holmes-Farley, How difficult is it to produce... and what reagents are needed for this :thinking-face: ?
 
Good day!

Since I am running out of lanthanum chloride to remove phosphates from my aquarium, and the market price (shortage) in my country for 0.1 kg is about 70 dollars:dizzy-face:, I have a question....

Hi, @Randy Holmes-Farley, How difficult is it to produce... and what reagents are needed for this :thinking-face: ?
Good morning. This string has been very helpful. I found Lanthanum Chloride in the US on amazon but it is called Lanthanum Chloride Heptahydrate. Is that the same thing?

Lanthanum Chloride Heptahydrate, AR Grade, 99.95+%, 25g​

If so what is the ratio I should mix with RODI to make a drip solution? I have a 375 gallon / 1419 Liter system. Thanks!!
 
Good morning. This string has been very helpful. I found Lanthanum Chloride in the US on amazon but it is called Lanthanum Chloride Heptahydrate. Is that the same thing?

Lanthanum Chloride Heptahydrate, AR Grade, 99.95+%, 25g​

If so what is the ratio I should mix with RODI to make a drip solution? I have a 375 gallon / 1419 Liter system. Thanks!!
Randy already made a recipe with Lanthanum chloride heptahydrate:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-lanthanum-dosing.969669/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new