OP
OP
B

Beta reefs.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 1 fish is almost half the length and width of the tank? And, we are talking 5 of them? Not my cup of tea. Sounds horrible for the fish. No place to hide or call their own. Not to mention the damage to and from stoney corals if there are any.
No, I’m looking for 5 to 15 inch fish.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh well thats different. Thats a big difference in amount. Are you looking for the same fish or different types of fish? Was that the question what kind of fish stay 1" ? You can get lots of juvenal fish in that range but they will obviously not stay that size. Your original post was a little hard to understand. You may want to spell out exactly what you are looking for. I'm sure many people got the same impression I did.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think a kole tang would be fine. Fox face might be iffy 36" may not be adequate space but could work too. Tank is 36x36 so its a good space I think the fox face is probably the biggest fish I'd go with.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think a kole tang would be fine. Fox face might be iffy 36" may not be adequate space but could work too. Tank is 36x36 so its a good space I think the fox face is probably the biggest fish I'd go with.
This. The foxys tend to stall out growth wise @ 6" or so... Bristletooth tangs are a good one for the 36x36 cube. Also would consider an zebrasoma (scopas or yellow) flavor as well. IME purple tang is a BIG maybe and sailfins get too big.

rsmbudgetbuild2024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they have to grow to get to that size. In an inadequate tank size they will never reach the lengths of 10 inches or more. Never. You need like 600 gallons for the fish you are talking about (Multiple 15 inch fish) as they would need the space to grow.

It just wont happen in 130 gallons. A 15 inch fish would barely be able to swim 2 body lengths width-wise in your tank.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 76 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back