Large glass tank prices?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iReefer12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iReefer12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
1,018
Reaction score
877
Location
Boulder, CO
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the market for a new large glass tank. Some people I’ve spoken to say that glass prices are the highest they’ve ever been right now with inflation. I’m wondering if I should wait 6 months and it could come back down? Or will the cost rise even higher in 6 months? What’s everyone think?

Crystal balls at the ready!
 
In the market for a new large glass tank. Some people I’ve spoken to say that glass prices are the highest they’ve ever been right now with inflation. I’m wondering if I should wait 6 months and it could come back down? Or will the cost rise even higher in 6 months? What’s everyone think?

Crystal balls at the ready!
No one knows. If you wamt it buy it. Will you be more upset in 6 months if the price goes up instead of down?
 
Often realistically speaking prices for the end consumer on things like this don’t ever come down even if component price drops as the hobby doesn’t really have the competition to drive it back down vs manufacturers all keeping the higher profit. So if you want one I wouldn’t wait for prices to drop, equally likely will just go up.

similar to the indo ban of corals shot prices up, when indo came back the prices did not return to the previous lows as many said they would (or hoped they would) but remained high, in some cases going even higher. I suspect we will see similar when Hawaiian yellow tangs come back to market they will never hit the previous lows but be quite expensive as the market now supports it.
 
Last edited:
Try emailing the companies and see if they will still give you the black friday special discount. There were tons of these this weekend, and if you are ready to buy now would be the best time to try.
Gerry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new