Large glass tank prices?

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the market for a new large glass tank. Some people I’ve spoken to say that glass prices are the highest they’ve ever been right now with inflation. I’m wondering if I should wait 6 months and it could come back down? Or will the cost rise even higher in 6 months? What’s everyone think?

Crystal balls at the ready!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the market for a new large glass tank. Some people I’ve spoken to say that glass prices are the highest they’ve ever been right now with inflation. I’m wondering if I should wait 6 months and it could come back down? Or will the cost rise even higher in 6 months? What’s everyone think?

Crystal balls at the ready!
No one knows. If you wamt it buy it. Will you be more upset in 6 months if the price goes up instead of down?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often realistically speaking prices for the end consumer on things like this don’t ever come down even if component price drops as the hobby doesn’t really have the competition to drive it back down vs manufacturers all keeping the higher profit. So if you want one I wouldn’t wait for prices to drop, equally likely will just go up.

similar to the indo ban of corals shot prices up, when indo came back the prices did not return to the previous lows as many said they would (or hoped they would) but remained high, in some cases going even higher. I suspect we will see similar when Hawaiian yellow tangs come back to market they will never hit the previous lows but be quite expensive as the market now supports it.

Last edited:

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try emailing the companies and see if they will still give you the black friday special discount. There were tons of these this weekend, and if you are ready to buy now would be the best time to try.
Gerry

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back