large tanks from glasscages com?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that @lost66... My goal here is not to get anyone. I want to learn, listen, grow and share. I am beyond passionate about my friends (pets). Thanks for the honest communication and the opportunity to share openly. As an organization we can meet needs much better when the communication is honest, on point and we listen to the consumers that have a need for our products. Thank you.
Your customer correspondence is off the charts, I've never seen a company engage so much, take the punches and come back for more. Only to provide all the evidence as to why your company is top notch, and showing exceptional service, design and manufacturing...I could only dream of getting an aquarium from @Joe Glass Cages

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your customer correspondence is off the charts, I've never seen a company engage so much, take the punches and come back for more. Only to provide all the evidence as to why your company is top notch, and showing exceptional service, design and manufacturing...I could only dream of getting an aquarium from @Joe Glass Cages
It is not only correspondence. I ordered my tank shortly after that. We got some delays. Joe called me saying my tank is ready but their quality control caught a defect and he asks me if I can wait little bit longer. I was not in a hurry so why not, it happens. He offered me an significant upgrade to low iron glass (3 sides, my tank in peninsula style). Second tank arrived but it had a crack/chip/defect in the corner and even I told Joe I don't care about appearance because it is in a place I won't see, he said it doesn't look good and he will make me another aquarium and this time he will deliver it in person. Glasscages is 6 hours of driving to my place. Have you experienced such a devotion to build a brand? Warranty doesn't include such case since I accepted shipping. But hey, they made things right.

Smaller tanks up to let's say 75g you can buy at Petco, no issues. I have freshwater tank from them. And such tanks in custom manufacturer like Glasscages are just expensive, you cannot beat $100 for 75g at Petco. But for bigger tanks or custom dimension you just have to go custom. So, affordable big tank which I believe will be a major player on the market in US is Glasscages. Ratio on price to product quality and customer service is the highest I have ever seen.

My tank is ready and running (you can check my journey in my build thread, link is under my avatar). I am not affiliated with Glasscages in any matter, I am just happy customer who will share the word of Glasscages to anyone who things about new big tank.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not only correspondence. I ordered my tank shortly after that. We got some delays. Joe called me saying my tank is ready but their quality control caught a defect and he asks me if I can wait little bit longer. I was not in a hurry so why not, it happens. He offered me an significant upgrade to low iron glass (3 sides, my tank in peninsula style). Second tank arrived but it had a crack/chip/defect in the corner and even I told Joe I don't care about appearance because it is in a place I won't see, he said it doesn't look good and he will make me another aquarium and this time he will deliver it in person. Glasscages is 6 hours of driving to my place. Have you experienced such a devotion to build a brand? Warranty doesn't include such case since I accepted shipping. But hey, they made things right.

Smaller tanks up to let's say 75g you can buy at Petco, no issues. I have freshwater tank from them. And such tanks in custom manufacturer like Glasscages are just expensive, you cannot beat $100 for 75g at Petco. But for bigger tanks or custom dimension you just have to go custom. So, affordable big tank which I believe will be a major player on the market in US is Glasscages. Ratio on price to product quality and customer service is the highest I have ever seen.

My tank is ready and running (you can check my journey in my build thread, link is under my avatar). I am not affiliated with Glasscages in any matter, I am just happy customer who will share the word of Glasscages to anyone who things about new big tank.
Wow, @Joe Glass Cages sounds even more amazing than I could even imagine

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much @Sleeping Giant. We really want to support the journey. happy reefing!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks @lost66 for allowing us to be a part of your build. We are honored. humbled by your post. Thanks for help us improve and become a better organization. Make is a fantastic day!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not hesitate to get a large tank from @Joe Glass Cages, in fact when I get the reno done on the house and get to think about the unfished basement the plan is ( if I can get it down the stairs) a large 300+ tank for a FOWLR for a media room down there.

gonna be a year or so :(

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would not hesitate to get a large tank from @Joe Glass Cages, in fact when I get the reno done on the house and get to think about the unfished basement the plan is ( if I can get it down the stairs) a large 300+ tank for a FOWLR for a media room down there.

gonna be a year or so :(
plan that in the remod ;)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plan that in the remod ;)

oh I did the upstairs was a complete gut. spent way more than we thought but have basically a new house. I'll have a med peninsula up that as well as a nano peninsula
then hope to have the 375 down there :D

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Incredible story.... and, why am I not surprised?

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a 327 gal I bought from Miracles (excellent customer service) and a 90 gal from Coast to Coast (VERY nice quality). Both are going to run you quite a bit more than Glass Cages, but you can see the difference. Tank Me and Reef Savvy are top line, but come with top line pricing too.
IMG_20200120_154859.jpg
IMG_20200120_154714.jpg
IMG_20200120_154739.jpg
IMG_20190706_123655.jpg
IMG_20190706_114549.jpg
MVIMG_20190706_123639.jpg
That looks sweet... I have a 180 on order from them, this gives me hope lol

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thumbs up for Joe here... My 120Gal low-iron tank had a tiny flake out of one of the corners. Something I honestly could have lived with, but I called to make sure it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the tank. It wasnt even a question - tank went back, and was remade from scratch. I'm certain there are lots of tank manufacturers who would make more expensive stuff, but at the price point glasscages.com sits at, the rest is predominantly made in China and while thats fine for a light or pump, I love that I have an American made locally built tank. Joe even drove me around the property to show me the fishing lake and sawmill!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thumbs up for Joe here... My 120Gal low-iron tank had a tiny flake out of one of the corners. Something I honestly could have lived with, but I called to make sure it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the tank. It wasnt even a question - tank went back, and was remade from scratch. I'm certain there are lots of tank manufacturers who would make more expensive stuff, but at the price point glasscages.com sits at, the rest is predominantly made in China and while thats fine for a light or pump, I love that I have an American made locally built tank. Joe even drove me around the property to show me the fishing lake and sawmill!
Thanks so much for sharing. The Glass Cages team is very passionate about what they do.

Last edited:

Dwayne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glass Cages @Joe Glass Cages , glass cages did my 350, 3 -40g, 60g frag tank, 110g sump. All after October. My seams are clean, quality was amazing, and price was fantastic. I recommend them to everyone I know that are looking for tanks.
do you have pics of the 350? i like the dimensions of this one and am curious about the bracing.

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a followup to my original post where I had ordered my tank. The tank has been in operation now for 8 months and I'm very pleased with it. Its a 300 low iron. I found no issues with the build and so far everything has worked out just fine in regards to its operation. The only word of caution I would add is in the pickup of the order at the terminal. Most of these terminals are big truck terminals and have no access to the street level. Therefore they can not use their forklifts to load to your pickup or trailer. You may want to call the terminal about access so you'll know in advance if you need to rent a box truck.

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only word of caution I would add is in the pickup of the order at the terminal. Most of these terminals are big truck terminals and have no access to the street level. Therefore they can not use their forklifts to load to your pickup or trailer. You may want to call the terminal about access so you'll know in advance if you need to rent a box truck.
I had exactly the same problem. I was not aware of that and it can be a big surprise for someone who is not prepared for such thing. Big tanks it is a logistic challenge. Renting uhaul, gather all the people waiting at your place to help you move it in etc.
It is not GlassCages fault but having such experience by multiple people I would work with the customers to arrange the pickup as smooth as possible. My final tank was delivered to my house by Joe him self so it was a really good experience at the end.

My tank is almost a year old, it is amazing product for the money. After some time in the hobby, visiting other hobbyists, seeing thousands of pictures of other tanks I can say you can have 2 different approaches. You treat your tank as a gizmo with with red plumbing, shiny stands, futuristic sumps and spent $20k on the setup or you can go to GlassCages and have it for $3. For me the hobby is about what I have inside the tank, not outside. Aquarium is only a container for the purpose of the hobby.
Still highly recommend GlassCages as the affordable option to enter to the hobby for something bigger than 75g from petsmart and have an experience for a quality product and top notch customer service.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a followup to my original post where I had ordered my tank. The tank has been in operation now for 8 months and I'm very pleased with it. Its a 300 low iron. I found no issues with the build and so far everything has worked out just fine in regards to its operation. The only word of caution I would add is in the pickup of the order at the terminal. Most of these terminals are big truck terminals and have no access to the street level. Therefore they can not use their forklifts to load to your pickup or trailer. You may want to call the terminal about access so you'll know in advance if you need to rent a box truck.

how about a updated pic of that bad boy I want the 300 or 375 SOOOO bad

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back