large tanks from glasscages com?

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the issue and how was it resolved?
The issue was bad seam. The buyer was not a newbie but fish shop owner. I don't know what was the resolution but that person was not satisfied. I was also told that their warranty is only 90 days which is way too short especially when it starts from the purchase date, not the date it was delivered to you. And we all know that it can be a while...

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue was bad seam. The buyer was not a newbie but fish shop owner. I don't know what was the resolution but that person was not satisfied. I was also told that their warranty is only 90 days which is way too short especially when it starts from the purchase date, not the date it was delivered to you. And we all know that it can be a while...
did he use their stand. in my personal exp, lfs owners are more interested in selling than quality. go to a store here, you leave with aiptasia, three types of serious algae, sick fish and an under performing system. it has literally killed the hobby on the grand strand

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't accept the shipping after inspection so they were focused on quality. I am not saying that glasscages is wrong. What I am trying to say is that I trust those guys from my lfs. When you have a basic knowledge about topic and you enter the shop and talk with staff you know if they are good or not. They impressed me the knowledge, customer relationship, individual approach and their display tank. They said I should stay away from glasscages and I will not take that risk. Company had very bad reviews and those reviews were valid since company released information they are changing. Awesome, that is always a good thing.
To pull the trigger with them I think I need to have a lot of good reviews after a year or something, not after 3 months they rebuilt their structure.

Moreover I read their warranty conditions and it is not good for me at this point in the hobby.

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 240 acrylic years ago my biggest tank to date love it was so light compared to the glass tank this day 2 guys could move it.... that was nice!
good to see glass cages on the forums I always thought there was a market for them.
they do acrylic as well

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't accept the shipping after inspection so they were focused on quality. I am not saying that glasscages is wrong. What I am trying to say is that I trust those guys from my lfs. When you have a basic knowledge about topic and you enter the shop and talk with staff you know if they are good or not. They impressed me the knowledge, customer relationship, individual approach and their display tank. They said I should stay away from glasscages and I will not take that risk. Company had very bad reviews and those reviews were valid since company released information they are changing. Awesome, that is always a good thing.
To pull the trigger with them I think I need to have a lot of good reviews after a year or something, not after 3 months they rebuilt their structure.

Moreover I read their warranty conditions and it is not good for me at this point in the hobby.
check out aquarium and terrarium builder inc. theyre in Raleigh and can suit your needs. i dont understand the purpose of making the same comments repetitively. theres other solutions for you sir.

jformani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 340 I bought from them 3 years ago. 130x24x25 tank is almost 11 feet long and divides one side of my basement. When I ordered the owner answered all my questions. Built tank on time. What I liked was he had a delivery route that came fairly close to my house, I believe they do this once a month. I met them 30 minutes from my house. Hired a moving company to pick it up and deliver to my basement. This tanks made out of 3/4 inch glass very heavy. Bracing was fine, silicon not bad but I didn't care it was being trimmed in wood. As far as tint....I think people WAY over complicate this. When your tanks are set up and you have your lights on, which many run blue/actinic, some more than others...you cant tell the difference. Now, you fill the tank up outside and compare it to another tank built by another high end manufacturer and its a sunny day, yes you can tell but for double the cost...I stuck with glasscages. So far so good, I'm actually in the process of converting it back to a reef as we speak. The only negative I have and this was my choice, is the crossbracing causes a bit of a shadow with my new leds. However I knew that would most likely happen, they are thick but they have to be for a 130" tank. I might add some T5's later but for now I'm good.

jformani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
87AF786F-D619-4940-AE4B-3D839850BC65.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

They have new owners. The quality I saw in person was drastically different. I could tell you about it all day long, but you would be cheating yourself if you don't at least go look before you decide on a tank.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New owners or just new management?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out aquarium and terrarium builder inc. theyre in Raleigh and can suit your needs. i dont understand the purpose of making the same comments repetitively. theres other solutions for you sir.

He was asked what the issues were with the tank and what happened, so he gave as much of an answer as he could. There was no repeating of the exact same comment anywhere?

I have read numerous horror stories about Glass Cages Tanks and the (Hopefully now old) owner threatening to take people to court for talking Ill about there tanks and so on. For me anyway it ruled out GC for any of my builds personally.

I'm really excited to see fresh management with good clear goals to bring quality and customer satisfaction to the forefront of everything they do. It's great to see a tank builder on the forums, reaching out and addressing issues (Not something you see often). So here's to you Joe and Todd, I hope that in the future you can turn the tide and change even the most stubborn minds into believers!

Those pics @Katrina71 posted already show promise!

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was asked what the issues were with the tank and what happened, so he gave as much of an answer as he could. There was no repeating of the exact same comment anywhere?

I have read numerous horror stories about Glass Cages Tanks and the (Hopefully now old) owner threatening to take people to court for talking Ill about there tanks and so on. For me anyway it ruled out GC for any of my builds personally.

I'm really excited to see fresh management with good clear goals to bring quality and customer satisfaction to the forefront of everything they do. It's great to see a tank builder on the forums, reaching out and addressing issues (Not something you see often). So here's to you Joe and Todd, I hope that in the future you can turn the tide and change even the most stubborn minds into believers!

Those pics @Katrina71 posted already show promise!
well his concerns about leadership, shipping, quality, and the warranty were addressed after his first post.

ive seen great businesses turn bad and bad businesses turn good through the exchange of one valuable employee.

im in the business of solving problems, so i offered him a solution, a company that is close to him that appears to do good work and no shipping necessary. although they havent been in business 36 or 37 years like glass cages, so theres not as much time for them to aquire as many bad reviews. and we all know unsatisfied people are much more vocal about their situation than happy people. squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.

furthermore the lfs issue makes no sense to me, first it was a bad seam... then they denied shipping... so was it blown out or just an unsightly caulking job. one situation could have been on the shippers behalf, the other a previous lack in quality control but the tank itsself otherwise may have been perfectly fine. either way it would have been with in warranty or covered by shipping insurance.

i may have addressed it too agressively, but i hope that clears up my thought process and why i found his dialogue unproductive.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I talked with staff in my LFS and they told me their story which ended up with hiring a lawyer and I was shocked how the company treated them. Quality standards may have changed, production, technology process and staff may have changed. But the leadership I believe has not changed and I bet the leader was handling this case. I don't want to go into details but I will not do any business with Glasscages unfortunately. To bad for me because I need to change my dream tank dimension and go with something more standard to fit into my budget.
Doing research and becoming an educated consumer. I so truly support that. If you would like to learn more, let’s have a conversation or even a tour. Our pleasure. You have choices. Whatever you decide to do, I will be very happy for you. That will be your next step to start enjoying your choice. My desire is to listen and share what we are doing going forward to support everyone better and create a better customer experience.

I can’t speak for the past. I can listen and adjust. That’s our goal with new leadership and ownership. To infinity and beyond!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back