OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned a Glass Cages tank so I don't have a dog in this race. I will say this.... I'm familiar with the fact that they have failures. Just like I'm familiar that Aqueon tanks are known for having failures. I try to keep in perspective the number of tanks these companies are selling every year compared to the number of complaints. Unfortunately, it is human nature to be vocal about complaints and quiet about stuff when it just works.
If a company like Glass Cages sells 10x as many tanks as a smaller provider you would expect to see 10x the number of complaints even if quality was equal.
For me, I will consider Glass Cages for a new system in the future. I'm a big fan of Adam from @Battlecorals and he uses their tanks for his big grow out systems. To me, that says something.
very good points.

not to mention how joe informed us in his earlier posts about their recent performance improvements in both their operations and overall quality such as the polished edges now

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I don't believe I was very clear on my response. My fault. We have all the most commonly used third- party overflow templates and can prep your build to support the overflow of your choice. I hope that helps.

No worries, thanks for clarifying that. I was speaking about Reef Savvy's Ghost overflow specifically as you can't purchase them anymore on there own so it kindof threw me off when you said you did them lol It's great you will drill for all overflows though, there are a few companies that won't atall and don't guarantee anything if you do ask them to drill for other overflows.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably get a similar price out of Miracle with far better quality and value. I paid $5200 for a 400 gallon with a 30" external glass overflow box, armor seams, and freights 1 hour from my house. If your gonna go big you don't want to leave it to chance, Better of going slightly smaller with better quality.

VA5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom 9ft 375 gallon from them. The only issue is the messy silicone.
The person who installed it swears by them and has decades installing large tanks including ones several thousand gallons.
I also have gotten some scratches but other than that no issues.
They have a low iron glass option which is standard on larger custom builds

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We had such a great time at Glass Cages today! Joe and Todd were awesome, but the tanks were UNBELIEVABLE! Sneak peek...
IMG_20200131_153135253.jpg

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had such a great time at Glass Cages today! Joe and Todd were awesome, but the tanks were UNBELIEVABLE! Sneak peek...
IMG_20200131_153135253.jpg
So great to meet you today. Your passion is infectious. I had a great time meeting you and your son!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone considering a tank from Glass Cages...the glass was polished, the silicone was uniform and well applied. There wasn't a single sloppy component. Quality is obviously what matters here. Joe and Todd are kicking the company up a notch! Technology has been introduced that took a small family business, into a product that any reefer would be proud to own.

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I talked with staff in my LFS and they told me their story which ended up with hiring a lawyer and I was shocked how the company treated them. Quality standards may have changed, production, technology process and staff may have changed. But the leadership I believe has not changed and I bet the leader was handling this case. I don't want to go into details but I will not do any business with Glasscages unfortunately. To bad for me because I need to change my dream tank dimension and go with something more standard to fit into my budget.

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I talked with staff in my LFS and they told me their story which ended up with hiring a lawyer and I was shocked how the company treated them. Quality standards may have changed, production, technology process and staff may have changed. But the leadership I believe has not changed and I bet the leader was handling this case. I don't want to go into details but I will not do any business with Glasscages unfortunately. To bad for me because I need to change my dream tank dimension and go with something more standard to fit into my budget.

leadership change was the first item on his transformation list

Screenshot_20200201-100114_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commend Glass Cages for not running away from the criticism, but instead acknowledging and addressing it. Businesses can mess up. What is important is how they respond. Well played Glass Cages!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What was the issue and how was it resolved?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned a Glass Cages tank so I don't have a dog in this race. I will say this.... I'm familiar with the fact that they have failures. Just like I'm familiar that Aqueon tanks are known for having failures. I try to keep in perspective the number of tanks these companies are selling every year compared to the number of complaints. Unfortunately, it is human nature to be vocal about complaints and quiet about stuff when it just works.
If a company like Glass Cages sells 10x as many tanks as a smaller provider you would expect to see 10x the number of complaints even if quality was equal.
For me, I will consider Glass Cages for a new system in the future. I'm a big fan of Adam from @Battlecorals and he uses their tanks for his big grow out systems. To me, that says something.

I do think there is a different level of expectation though when custom ordering a tank vs the comparably mass produced Aqueon tanks. I would expect a higher level of craftsmanship and quality for most custom orders in any industry, not just reefing.

What's most important to me is the response and resolution after an issue arrises. After reading about GC's acknowledgement of the past issues and changes to address them moving forward, I'll definitely consider Glass Cages when I finally build my forever tank.

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commend Glass Cages for not running away from the criticism, but instead acknowledging and addressing it. Businesses can mess up. What is important is how they respond. Well played Glass Cages!
100% agree

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back