"Laser Etched Logo"

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I know how "small" it is...but imagine if Sony put their "small" logo onto the actual screen of their TV's....that's basically what waterbox is doing. It's tacky. If I'm spending $2,000+ on an aquarium, I would expect it to be a clean look.

I honestly don't understand the point of the logo other than to turn someone's tank into an advertisement for their product, lol.

tank.jpg.81a5fa944cb8f2b4af973b6a03f93b63.jpg
That's exactly why they do it, it's brand awareness. Every company puts their logo on their product. Agreed it could be in a more discreet location, but then it wouldn't be visible and give the awareness of the brand. To each, their own. I personally wouldn't choose a different manufacturer over this inconvenience as they do have top notch quality.

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly why they do it, it's brand awareness. Every company puts their logo on their product. Agreed it could be in a more discreet location, but then it wouldn't be visible and give the awareness of the brand. To each, their own. I personally wouldn't choose a different manufacturer over this inconvenience as they do have top notch quality.

Is there any other aquarium company that etches their logo into the glass? I think there is a reason why they don't.

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the OP was just venting and expressing an opinion. I shared his opinion and was agreeing with him. It’s a discussion. Sorry if you feel offended by the conversation. May I suggest if you don’t like something you read, don’t comment, don’t continue to read, and move on with your life. Just a suggestion.

im deeply offended ya got me. I own one and gave you actual info from an owner. ignore my comment if you don't like it

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any other aquarium company that etches their logo into the glass? I think there is a reason why they don't.
I know Red Sea has it on their stand just below the glass. If I was concerned with a logo, that would bother me just as much as on the glass. I have OCD and love a clean look.

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Red Sea has it on their stand just below the glass. If I was concerned with a logo, that would bother me just as much as on the glass. I have OCD and love a clean look.

Yeah companies put their logo on the stand, but ONLY waterbox puts it on their glass. Why do you think Apple puts their logo on the back of their phones and not on the screens? Why does Honda put their logo on the back of the car, instead of laser etched into the windshield.

All I am saying, Waterbox is losing customers over this, and I highly doubt anyone is purchasing the product because it has a laser etched logo in the glass.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that waterbox is losing a hole lot of customers. If they where they would not do it. If you love water box your going to buy water box. They made it this far with the water box logo.

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that waterbox is losing a hole lot of customers. If they where they would not do it. If you love water box your going to buy water box. They made it this far with the water box logo.

They have already lost 3 that I know of personally, and also myself. They do make quality products, and that should stand on its own, but this bizarre branding choice is 100% losing them customers. Its frankly the only thing I don't like about their aquariums, but its such an eyesore, I'm buying a Red Sea Reefer instead.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with the OP. I passed on looking at WB because of that horrible etched logo. Before it was a decal that could be peeled off.

Elos etches their logo, but it is much more discrete and disappears in the waterline. They also had issues with counterfeiting, hence the reason for the etch (then again anyone can etch glass).

0B4D82E2-1CB1-40E5-9928-55F30116F495.jpeg

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but ONLY waterbox puts it on their glass.

My little Lifegard nano has it's name etched into the glass. It's at the bottom of the tank.

I'm actually proud of my tanks. I have 3 red sea tanks and the cabinets are all branded. I would have bought a WB if they were ever in stock when I wanted one. And I would have appreciated their logo etched in the glass. It doesn't distract from a thing IMO.

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who hate it so much have you seen it in person with a filled lit up tank? It's really not that big of a deal and of all things would be the least of a deal breaker imo. I don't have a dog in this race as I like both my red sea and waterbox and the op should get whatever he wants.

But its really not noticable and most people looking at the tank would have a hard time even seeing it unless they were intentionally looking for it.

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is right. To each their own. To the OP: when I finally accepted the fact I was going to spend thousands on a nice tank, and their are a lot I researched (WB, Redsea, Nuvo, Proclear, Planet, Miracles, CSA, CustomAq, TankmeUSA, GlassCages, etc) it was a pro and cons game. The tanks, stands, sumps, dimensions and price all came into play.

A logo etched in glass for me would be a immediate disqualification when the choices are so vast, and they all are beautiful tanks. And I didn’t know either before this thread! And no, I didn’t notice in any pics, but that makes it worse.

If I would have gotten the tank home then noticed it I would have been sad. Seriously. Just me, I don’t care, yes other people it’s no big deal (I’m glad your still happy with purchase overall), but me, I would have cried!

So thank you for the thread. I hope it helps others shopping who didn’t know about the logo!

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t even know my waterbox had a logo etched in the glass until this thread...

I do remember an aquamaxx tank having one.

Good call though, if someone doesn’t like it then don’t get the tank. Easy enough.

If one is that particular a custom made tank is probably in order anyway and one would be unhappy with other details in mass production tanks vs having a custom made to your exact specs and while some custom tanks have logos no doubt for the right price they can exclude it.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have stated, you barely notice it once you get fish and corals, but I definitely would remove it if I could for aesthetic purposes. I'm not sure anyone can really argue against the desire to have it removed for aesthetics given how much aesthetics matter in this hobby.

I also have dealers remove their emblems from my cars. I dislike advertising for the dealer for free. Now, the Waterbox logo is the manufacturer, not seller, so perhaps this isn't a great analogy.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really see the big deal. All of my tanks have a large black rim that spans the entire top and bottom. I would happily trade my rims in and have a tiny logo at the top. There are so many other more distracting things such as power heads and return nozzles, and everyone is just fine with those.

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really see the big deal. All of my tanks have a large black rim that spans the entire top and bottom. I would happily trade my rims in and have a tiny logo at the top. There are so many other more distracting things such as power heads and return nozzles, and everyone is just fine with those.
What if you could just trade your rim in for....here me out....nothing. You can purchase rimless tanks from companies that don't laser etch their logos into the glass.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you could just trade your rim in for....here me out....nothing. You can purchase rimless tanks from companies that don't laser etch their logos into the glass.
My point was more that there are worse things that you could have on a tank. If you don’t like the logo though, then don’t get a water box. It’s not my tank, so it doesn’t matter to me.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back