OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point was more that there are worse things that you could have on a tank. If you don’t like the logo though, then don’t get a water box. It’s not my tank, so it doesn’t matter to me.
Yeah, obviously there are worse things, but putting a rim on a tank is for a structural reason

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could someone be so kind and share a picture of their water box tank with the logo?

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, Richard here. We do understand that some* customers prefer not to have our logo etched into the glass. However this is something most Waterbox owners are proud of, and we have done it since day 1.

We make sure that the logo is above the water line so it's not obtrusive at all.

Also wanted to note that Waterbox is a USA company, while we do not manufacture here you are still supporting american jobs and we appreciate that!

Hope that helps!

-Rich

Last edited:

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our JBJ AIO has a logo etched on the front bottom glass. I'm not into it but it's not noticeable due the sandbed. Just adding another manufacturer that does it. My RSR does not have an etched logo and it is appreciated. You will be happy with Red Sea except for the awful gate valve.

PilotOfSubmarines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Imagine losing sales because you want to put a logo on the glass. Imagine if Sony laser etched their logo into the top corner of their TV screens.
It's funny you say it that way, because I can't imagine the logo bothering someone that much....
As they say, different strokes for different folks.

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each to his own but don't understand the fuzz about a logo.
Buy a TV and you have the company name on it, buy a car and the brand shows in big fat letters on the trunk. Even your coffeemaker has the brand on it.

yeah, but your car, or your coffee pot isn’t a viewing screen and the TV’s logo isn’t on the screen itself. Imagine if Sony put a watermark on the upper left portion of the screen? Lol remember the old plasma tv’s and the burned in logos issue? People weren’t too happy!

your car doesn’t engrave their logo into the viewing window (aka windshield).

imagine if the windows on your home had the companies logo engraved into them? Would that be a deal breaker for you?

If you can understand why people don’t want “burn-in” images on TV’s, or watermarks on their home windows, or watermarks on their windshields, then you can understand why a watermark on a fish tank is important to some people.

This hobby is aesthetics, so aesthetics matter.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm let's see if @Red Sea responds to this thread like @Waterbox Aquariums. Besides the logo etched in (which you can get them not too) I went with WB because I read their customer service is responsive and works with you ACTIVELY to resolve your issues, I've experienced this first hand. Don't get me wrong RS still makes high-quality tanks and I think both are leaders in the consumer tank market... I've just found the differentiator to be in CS and responsiveness from WB. Hence this thread getting a response from the WB... Let's see if Red Sea chimes in :)

It's not to say that RS isn't a good company, I still think they make fantastic tanks. Ultimately it's your personal choice, you put a question out to the community and you're getting all the opinions :) Looking forward to seeing where you land, you really can't go wrong with either company...

OP
OP
T

TexanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm let's see if @Red Sea responds to this thread like @Waterbox Aquariums. Besides the logo etched in (which you can get them not too) I went with WB because I read their customer service is responsive and works with you ACTIVELY to resolve your issues, I've experienced this first hand. Don't get me wrong RS still makes high-quality tanks and I think both are leaders in the consumer tank market... I've just found the differentiator to be in CS and responsiveness from WB. Hence this thread getting a response from the WB... Let's see if Red Sea chimes in :)

It's not to say that RS isn't a good company, I still think they make fantastic tanks. Ultimately it's your personal choice, you put a question out to the community and you're getting all the opinions :) Looking forward to seeing where you land, you really can't go wrong with either company...

Waterbox has already said they refuse to sell any tanks that don't have their logo etched into the glass.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I personally bought two Red Sea tanks because I noticed the logo on the water box. That was $15000 that the company didn’t get because they would rather do crappy advertisement. If I’m paying for a fish tank with ultra clear glass I want the glass ultra clear. The logo on the Red Sea stand pops off very easily with a butter knife. Doesn’t leave any glue or anything behind. Even with the logo on, it doesn’t look bad.

I agree with the side that the logo doesn’t need to be on the glass. Etch it into the overflow. I can’t believe there are owners who would prefer the etched logo over a clean view. Why would you want anything obstructing your view?

I would personally include the logo as a window sticker. It wouldn’t end up on the display tank but I guarantee you I would put it on my sump.

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally bought two Red Sea tanks because I noticed the logo on the water box. That was $15000 that the company didn’t get because they would rather do crappy advertisement. If I’m paying for a fish tank with ultra clear glass I want the glass ultra clear. The logo on the Red Sea stand pops off very easily with a butter knife. Doesn’t leave any glue or anything behind. Even with the logo on, it doesn’t look bad.

I agree with the side that the logo doesn’t need to be on the glass. Etch it into the overflow. I can’t believe there are owners who would prefer the etched logo over a clean view. Why would you want anything obstructing your view?

I would personally include the logo as a window sticker. It wouldn’t end up on the display tank but I guarantee you I would put it on my sump.

think you added an extra 0 haha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back