OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m rather slow to press the like button in my thread but I try to like every post in this thread - if I miss to like someone in this thread - is just that - a miss - not a statement :D

With this post is my TRITON tests from 191118 attached as PDF - I post the ICP before but now also the DOC test

It is funny with my PO4 measurements - I´m still reading around 0.1 with my ULR phosphate meter and 0.02 with the LR phosphate meter @Sallstrom use. If the tank show me anything - it shows low nutrients - I still relay on the LR meter. I have clean my vials with acids - test with one acid cleaned vial and 1 not cleaned with acid for a while - 0.1 on both.

I have some variations in my NO3 readings too - it is difficult to see what is the primary source for NO3 removal in the system. Everytime I have harvest macro from the system - I get higher NO3 readings but this time it was combined with a low flow through my DSB. The flow is managed both by the pH and ORP level in the bottom of the DSB. I have raised the amount of DOC going through the bed and will see if I can rise the flow from 100 l/day to the 300 l/day I want. I´m waiting for the next P4 update and hope that they have included the dynamic nominal value for P4 too - I needed it in order to manage the system in the right way.

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• 191118 doc.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 191118 icp.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video - I love my cardinals - they just make love and not war :D

And photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video - I love my cardinals - they just make love and not war :D

And photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

I was gone for a few months, come back and am not surprised you and your tank are still doing well. Gotta love consistency!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gone for a few months, come back and am not surprised you and your tank are still doing well. Gotta love consistency!
Thank you and welcome back

Sincerely Lasse

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is funny with my PO4 measurements - I´m still reading around 0.1 with my ULR phosphate meter and 0.02 with the LR phosphate meter @Sallstrom use. If the tank show me anything - it shows low nutrients - I still relay on the LR meter. I have clean my vials with acids - test with one acid cleaned vial and 1 not cleaned with acid for a while - 0.1 on both.

I am pretty sure this will not help the issue, but I'll discuss it anyway. :)
With the older ultra low range phosphorus meter, I have found sometimes it will not recalibrate the blank (long C1 step) when the blank is different and needs a recheck. For instance same sample in another meter forces a long C1 step.
When the checker does a short C1 step (3 seconds), it's concluding that the blank is the same as previous blanks and reusing that information.
I found I could force a blank re-measurement by popping the batteries out and back in, and then it will do a long C1 step. There have been a couple of times where this actually changed the measurement to be back in agreement with another meter I use.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a test with my ULR phosphate meter and I start with a Norwegian reset (Just took out the battery and put it in again :D ) The C1 calibration was done rather fast - just a couple of seconds and the reading was as bad as it has been before (I think at least) - it show 0.14. I dig up my old LR phosphate meter - and it show 0.04 - use a acid rinsed vial.

When I look at the sample - I can´t see any blue hue in the sample - it is all white

Sincerely Lasse

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone else commented that two different phosphate/phosphorus test kit reagents would give them similar results when used for the other meter. Not enough evidence, but speculation that the reagents labeled for different P meters is actually the same, just the regression of the meters is different.
Lasse, you make it sound like your two Reagant packs produce very different end products?

(I can't see color at these levels for the P tests, but if I compare end product to a blank vial side by side, and hold up to the light, I can clearly see the dimming effect of the P test end product increasing absorbance).

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not get it to work the way i want. My ULR shows around 0.1 and the LR shows around 0.04 - yesterday. Today ULR shows 0.08 and LR 0 - rather late near the end of peak time

But the aquarium works well and it also give me some suprises nearly every day - a month ago - I got some gobys - Bathygobius meggitti. I have two in my DT and at least one of them had been transformed to a beautiful black fish with red in the border of the fins. Today - one was sitting on my front panel - literary glued to the panel. It shows up that these fishes had their pelvic fins transformed to a suction disk

goby-2.jpg

goby-1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer Last night me and my wife experienced the 60's again. We took the train into the city in the late evening for a late performance of Ten Years After at a local club. Let us say - its never sound as good as this back in the sixties - it was like the sixties come back to you as a good old french wine. They was good and had a younger guitarist that had make Jimi Hendrix jealous back then. The other three was not only playing music from the sixties - they was ++ sixties in age too:D

It was this setting but the sound in this video is nothing compared to hear it live

@Sallstrom - you should have grab those tickets :D

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
69 and 70 years old - rocking around in a club. listening to the music of their youth, drinking beer and take the last train home (nearly) - hitting the pillow at 02:30 in the morning, - there is still a hope for the humanity :p - and yes it was a great evening. The band remember the legendary Cue Club from their last play there 1969 (Cue was the Cavern of Gothenburg) - but it is gone for ever. It closed its physical doors in January 1996 after a huge fire.)

Sincerely Lasse

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back