OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas all around the world. We celebrate Christmas eve here in Sweden as the main event during Christmas.

The Christmas ham is an old tradition here and in our family - we have always prepare it the evening before Christmas eve and it use to be ready around 21:00.

PC230001.JPG

As soon as possible - we prepare a ham sandwich of "vörtbröd" (bread flavored with wort) and Christmas ham. 4 hours ago - I got the most important (for me) meal during the Christmas!!! And it taste wonderful - as usual

PC230004.JPG

Sincerely Lasse

U

User1

View Badges
Merry Christmas all around the world. We celebrate Christmas eve here in Sweden as the main event during Christmas.

The Christmas ham is an old tradition here and in our family - we have always prepare it the evening before Christmas eve and it use to be ready around 21:00.

PC230001.JPG

As soon as possible - we prepare a ham sandwich of "vörtbröd" (bread flavored with wort) and Christmas ham. 4 hours ago - I got the most important (for me) meal during the Christmas!!! And it taste wonderful - as usual

PC230004.JPG

Sincerely Lasse

Looks really good. Thanks for sharing

By the way - how is the Falcon Julbrygd seasonal brew?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PC230001.JPG

PC230004.JPG

Sincerely Lasse
Merry Christmas Lasse! I love the traditional celebrations you share each year!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse explain like I'm an American what in the heck wort is?

Sounds like the last thing I'd want on my sandwich!
Wort is the sweet syrupy stuff that alcohol is made from after you cook the grains to extract the sugars. It's almost like a thin molasses.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse explain like I'm an American what in the heck wort is?

Sounds like the last thing I'd want on my sandwich!

In the (not so good) old days - everything from the household was taken care of. When you brew beer, you get a sweet molasses-like mass over - just like Brew12 mentioned. It was around the holidays that people brew bear and this sweet compound was used to make the bread sweet in contrast to the normal tasteless daily bread. Sugar was only for the rich. Nowadays - this type of bread is only connected to Christmas and New years eve here in Sweden. The old tradition is to dip this bread from the water you cook your ham in - "dopp i grytan" on christmas eve and new year eve. everything should be taken care of!!!!

Very nice. I've not heard of it so figured I would ask. I do not drink as much beer as I used to but I do have some Celebration ale here for tomorrow. Wish you and your family a great Christmas and New Year.
"Julöl (Christmas beer) is a dark beer and with some type of spices in- not so dark as Guiness but rather dark. In Sweden - only beer below 3.5 % can be purchased in grocery stores - all other has to been purchased in "Systembolaget" - a special shop for alcoholic beverages own by the Swedish state. Norway and Finland have the same system - Denmark not. 30 years ago - it was not so popular but nowadays when EU want to forbid it - it is rather popular because it is specialized and you even in small towns can get whatever you want. According beer - many local breweries reach out over the whole country thanks for this. 1

Merry Christmas @Lasse

Its a wonderful song but I the ultimate christmas song for me is this song below - it is original about New York (you will recognise it for sure) but in this swedish version happens in Gothenburg. The original and this versions text are similar in contents. It is a type of parody and tribute of a bellowed artist from Gothenburg that always defended and sing about the poorest in our society. Its not him singing - but it could be....

Merry Christmas Lasse! I love the traditional celebrations you share each year!

Merry Christmas Lasse!

Thank you all

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back