Lasses Dream Build

They have been in the aquaria for + 4 years. It was 11 from the beginning - its 9 now. It works rather well. From 4 years ago



Sincerely Lasse
 
never staying still or in sight long enough to count them as you know Lasse
I still do not know if they are 9 or 10 - but most I have been able to count is 9. But surprises always comes in this aquarium. Yesterday i saw two sea cumbers - haven´t seen them for 2-3 years.....

Sincerely Lasse
 
Some pictures

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg


4.jpg


5.jpg


7.jpg


9.jpg


10.jpg


18.jpg


20.jpg


23.jpg


25.jpg


-27.jpg

38.jpg


39.jpg


Namnlöst-14.jpg


Namnlöst-17.jpg


Namnlöst-26.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
 
Forgot to say that the copper band is new. After more than 5 years - my old one died a month ago. Its a must fish for me - I purchase a new one. My old one had stop eating both aiptasia and tube worms. I had som aiptasia in the aquarium but at places he/she did not go. And the tube worms - they just grow everywhere in the aquarium. I got the new one directly in the bag when it come to my LFS directly from the wholesaler. Put him in an acclimatation box and feed with frozen bloodworms and frozen artemia. 6 days in the box - out in the DT. Start to eat already in the acclimatation box and continue to do it directly on the DT too. After two weeks no tubeworms left in the DT and it eat directly from the water column too,

Sincerely Lasse
 
My Copperband is so picky, it even has a preferred brand for frozen Mysis 😅 It basically only eats living or frozen Mysis and adult artemia. I have never managed to get it to eat bloodworms, fish eggs, cockles, or anything of that sort. I'm very happy to hear it is doing well in your tank, I absolutely love Copperbands. Without it I would have had to give up my tank as it got completely taken over by Aiptasia and Berghia nudibranchs kept getting eaten by hermits or something else.
 
They have been in the aquaria for + 4 years. It was 11 from the beginning - its 9 now. It works rather well. From 4 years ago



Sincerely Lasse


Can never have too many damsels. I currently have 11 Biota Lyretails. Bring a reef structure to life.
 
Its the first day in the DT - you need to be careful!

4.jpg

6.jpg


8.jpg




9.jpg


coral1.jpg


urchin1.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
 
A short showing my bristletooth tang's beautiful but discreet markings



Sincerely Lasse
 
A short showing my bristletooth tang's beautiful but discreet markings



Sincerely Lasse
Lasse,

I have the same Bristletooth and they are subtlety beautiful fish. Mine spends most of its day behind the rock work but every time it comes around to the front, it steals the show. They have an almost regal swimming motion and the fins are always fully extended. I bought mine when it was very small and non descript. It was listed simply as a Bristletooth Tang. As it grew the blue lip and the subtle markings became apparent. It is now a favorite. Thanks for sharing.
 
Lasse,

I have the same Bristletooth and they are subtlety beautiful fish. Mine spends most of its day behind the rock work but every time it comes around to the front, it steals the show. They have an almost regal swimming motion and the fins are always fully extended. I bought mine when it was very small and non descript. It was listed simply as a Bristletooth Tang. As it grew the blue lip and the subtle markings became apparent. It is now a favorite. Thanks for sharing.
I think that it is a version of Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus. I think that my come in from the Maldives or Mauritius as a yellow youngster. However - when I buy this fish - it looks like it does today. I bought it as Ctenochaetus truncatus which it is not. However both is yellow and looks like each other as youngsters. I have had it for 1.5 years and it seems like it is not going to be much larger than this. An other older reefer had told me that this fish looks like a fish sold as bluelip bristletooth many years ago.

My is always on its move and it is impossible to take decent photo of it.

Sincerely Lasse
 
I think that it is a version of Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus. I think that my come in from the Maldives or Mauritius as a yellow youngster. However - when I buy this fish - it looks like it does today. I bought it as Ctenochaetus truncatus which it is not. However both is yellow and looks like each other as youngsters. I have had it for 1.5 years and it seems like it is not going to be much larger than this. An other older reefer had told me that this fish looks like a fish sold as bluelip bristletooth many years ago.

My is always on its move and it is impossible to take decent photo of it.

Sincerely Lasse
It looks peaceful. I think I will add it to my list. As to the Tang , it looks friendly as well
 
My aquarium is only 120 cm long, which seems to be roughly the minimum length for this fast-swimming species. It is lively and prone to occasionally nipping at the other fish. Its not sure that I want to replace this fish if I lose it.

I lost my copper-band and my scooter blenny - they were replaced within a week😄

Sincerely Lasse
 
My aquarium is only 120 cm long, which seems to be roughly the minimum length for this fast-swimming species. It is lively and prone to occasionally nipping at the other fish. Its not sure that I want to replace this fish if I lose it.

I lost my copper-band and my scooter blenny - they were replaced within a week😄

Sincerely Lasse
I just went back and checked. It looks like I got mine in May of 2024. It has been a model citizen and never bothers the other fish, except the Kleini which everyone in the tank chases occasionally as it is a pest.

Here is a lousy photo of it a few days after I bought it.

CBB_Bristle-20240511.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new