Lasses Dream Build

Thank you @Brew12 Your system is not so bad either :)

My old main aquaria crash nearly three years ago. I took a decision to build another aquaria and construct in a way that I want for a long time. I want a DSB - but not in the aquaria, I want a fuge, I want some active possibilities to denitrification and possibilities to change to other ideas if it did not work out. My system is rather like the DYMCO - but I did not know about DYMCO at that time. I want also to document this build and show that´s things can be done differently. I like low maintain systems but I love automatic system too - it force me to think. The aquaria should be interesting to look at and I do not like to look at different technical solutions in the DT. I want a good skimmer - in order to test this - and so on.

Am I satisfied with the result ? - yes in some ways. I´m not manage as good as I want with some LPS species but I will work on that.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Wow Lasse your tank looks great, I hope some day I can get mine looking half as good, Question ca you tell me how many wrasse and witch kind you are keeping? This is one fish in my years I have never kept, Love your pipe fish very cool
 
Thank you. If I ever do set up another system I am going to model the display and many of the fish choices after your system. Make it look as natural as possible with many smaller and more interesting fish as opposed to going SPS with tangs. Your reef looks much more "alive" than most aquariums I have seen!
 
lassef-10x15-jpg.711731

​
Working on (and with) a urine separation toalett :)
The sign say´s - Please, sit down!

Sincerely Lasse
Im in the HVACR field, but my first good job as an apprentice was at a company that serviced plumbing, heating and air conditioning. Brings back memories. Every time I see your picture. Those were the days.
 
You can tell the commentator that he was wrong :) But congratulation to Mexico and Germany out from VM :)

Sincerely Lasse
 
Thank you. If I ever do set up another system I am going to model the display and many of the fish choices after your system. Make it look as natural as possible with many smaller and more interesting fish as opposed to going SPS with tangs. Your reef looks much more "alive" than most aquariums I have seen!

Couldn’t agree more. Videos of this tank feel like you’re looking into the most beautiful tide pool, or like a candy store has come alive if that makes sense!
 
Lasse, did I leave you speechless?
Can´t speak because I have roared a lot :). Yes - Mexico was out of World Cup till the 90 minute when South Korea saved their souls. Do not need to write more than that :) And we get a sweet revenge of the 15 last seconds in the game Sweden-Germany.

@d2mini and @Pbh-reef . Thank you a lot. Yes - I´m rater satisfied how it have worked out but there is always things that need to be better. Yesterday - I change my light. I took away my beloved PS fixture and mount 4 pcs of Mitras LightBar2. For my eyes - hmmmm - I do not know if it was a good decision or not. We will see what my corals think of it – its bright – for sure and a very good mixing of the light. At 100 % I read nearly 200 PAR in the bottom – but its not to high in the top. Now it put in acclimation mode for a couple of days. I run 100 % for around 1.5 hour a day . I run 2 pcs 120 deep actinic, 1 pcs 120 actinic and one pcs 110 ocean blue.

I have mounted them in a special way - the ocean Blue is mounted in a 30 degree angel in the front. This because I want some more lights directed to my back and less on the front window. I have the Ocean blue in the front

side.JPG

​
Sincerely Lasse
 
Wow Lasse your tank looks great, I hope some day I can get mine looking half as good, Question ca you tell me how many wrasse and witch kind you are keeping? This is one fish in my years I have never kept, Love your pipe fish very cool

Thank you. If I ever do set up another system I am going to model the display and many of the fish choices after your system. Make it look as natural as possible with many smaller and more interesting fish as opposed to going SPS with tangs. Your reef looks much more "alive" than most aquariums I have seen!

Thank you both

Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new