OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the moment I have stopped the iron. But iron deficiency can halt chaeto growth IMO. I did not get any readings of my iron and the goal was to dose till I see in the tests. Using Oxydator can influence the content of biological available iron too. The reason why I stop was to see if the iron could promote cyanobacteria growth (have some among my GSP)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great pictures and video. I am a sincere fan of your tanks wishing you the best in 2021
Thank you - and the same for you and all others out there.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 5 days at hospital I could return home today with an infection in my left leg and foot under control. I´m glad for the fact that antibiotica still works for many infections here . In Sweden there is very strict rules how to use antibiotica - it is only possible to get them after description and all use without indication is forbidden. It is not allowed to prophylactic treat anything with antibiotics (there is, however some very strict exceptions). This is the cause why - even if resistant strain exist - the problem is not as high in Sweden, Norway and Finland compared with many other European countries. We have a single paying system here in Sweden and the direct costs for me was around $35 when I come into the emergency room and $12 a day for food. Treatment, room, medicines and stay for free.

And my wife had been an excellent manager of my aquarium - as usual - it looks better when I come home compared with when I left

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy you are well enough to come home. What did you do to your leg? Cellulitis? Or a wound? Or is that too nosey? Nurses minds work differently than everyones else's. What seems to personal to everyone else seems so normal to us. LOL
The indication was Erysipelas in my left leg. Bacteria - for the moment - unknown. Treatment - intravenous injection of antibiotics every eight hours the first 5 days (the reason for staying at the hospital) Now pills instead (phenoxymethylpenicillin) . Fever gone and CRP going down. Bacterial culture submitted. I´m interested if it is really a gram positive bacteria. There is known marine Vibrio species that can cause similar clinical symptoms. But the injections worked - but I do not know if it was the same that is in my pills.

Sincerely Lasse

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The indication was Erysipelas in my left leg. Bacteria - for the moment - unknown. Treatment - intravenous injection of antibiotics every eight hours the first 5 days (the reason for staying at the hospital) Now pills instead (phenoxymethylpenicillin) . Fever gone and CRP going down. Bacterial culture submitted. I´m interested if it is really a gram positive bacteria. There is known marine Vibrio species that can cause similar clinical symptoms. But the injections worked - but I do not know if it was the same that is in my pills.

Sincerely Lasse
Glad you are better. That is what is important!

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse. I'm very glad to hear that you are back at home and the infection is under control. Antibiotics are such a precious tool against infections. I hope we get smart enough using them so that they can be useful for a long long time.

Stay well and safe

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos

clam-1.jpg

clam2.jpg

coral-1.jpg

coral-2.jpg

coral-3.jpg

coral4.jpg

coral5.jpg

disc1.jpg

duncan.jpg

goby1.jpg

goby2.jpg

goby-2.jpg

goby3.jpg

head.jpg

hermit1.jpg

monti1.jpg

monti2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last two weeks have been different up here in Gothenburg. The normal winter here during the last 10 years have been snow for a couple of days and temperatures around 0 degree Celsius otherways rain and windy weather. This year - both cold and snow have shown up for a prolonged period. We live on a ridge and can look out over the valley below - the last mornings with clear, cold weather and snow all over have been spectaluare.

Down in the valley - you can find one of Sweden's largest rivers - the Göta Älv. It is coming from Sweden's largest Lake - Lake Vänern. We can´t see the water because of al buildings around the river - but we can see the ship´s passing by. During winters like this - one of Sweden's ice breakers are situated in the Göta Älv - Vänern area - ice breaker Ale

1613290738854.png

She is short, wide and high and a spectacular view when its passing by in the valley. We always try to spot these events. Ale is a old norse god, male but ships are always a she:D

outside without ice breakers -

morning-2.jpg

Inside - maybe with an icebreaker in my hand:D

morning1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back