OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope - no known coral pathogens but one fish pathogen. seriatopora seems to do like this - grow like weed and suddenly just die off. I did move a small frag (probably a Seriatopora caliendrum) a couple of weeks ago and it looks very fine - on the other hand - small colony of C.hystrix have start to be white at the base - other small colonies of S. hystrix seems to grow well. I was just cut my collonie because when I let the last grow to ling in the surface - it crash.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last saturday I move my new fish from the refugium into my display tank. Today - I succeeded to take some photos and some videos of two of the newcomers - Sailfin blenny (Emblemaria pandionis) and the blue devil (Assessor macneilli)

sailfin-1.jpg

sailfin-2.jpg

blue devil.JPG

hermit-1.jpg

hermit-2.jpg

midnight1.jpg

I probably also catch some hermit sex on video in the blue devil video

and

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had pipefish before and it is normally working for a while. Normally I am only feeding once a day and it could be to little for some of my fishes - including my pipefish. If this work well this time - it will be some more pipefish in the future. I have done an feeding mechanism for frozen cyclops during the day. I have i pcs of glass bottle standing on a magnetic stirrer. The stirrer is connected to a dosing pump. The dosing pump is programmed to fill the bottle with aquarium water around 6 O´clock in the morning - 400 ml (reverse pumping) In the morning I put some cubes of frozen cyclops in the filled bottle. During day it dose the 400 ml with cyclops in 40 ml batches, The tube from the dose is placed in the inlet of the return pump. It means that the return pump feed the aquarium with the cyclops. At 20:00 in the evening (the bottle is emptied att that time - I fill up the bottle again and pump out - 2 times. In this way I rinse the bottle with tank water.

Sincerely Lasse

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a PAR reading of my aquarium I use a Li-Cor LI 250-A with underwater sensor. The figurs was better than I expected. Measurements taken around 7 cm from the front window

PAR-FTS.jpg
MVH Lasse
Hi! Old post but still wondering, how long is your light schedule with these numbers and how long a peak do you run? Trying to get abit better understanding of light in general :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Old post but still wondering, how long is your light schedule with these numbers and how long a peak do you run? Trying to get abit better understanding of light in general :)
This was long time ago :D What I remember I run these numbers only for a 3 hours peak each day and light on between 8:00 and 23:00. Today is my peak around 5 hours but the intensity is only 80 % of these old numbers

Sincerely Lasse

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse
Are you and your family safe sir? It is my hope all is well with you and the public aquarium project. Pass our prayers and well wishes onto your friends and colleagues at the aquarium. I pray for your safety amid this unusual flooding in western Europe

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flooding was north of our location and I´m not so worried where I live - On a hillside 100 m above the river :D

The flooding in Sweden was not as severe as in middle Europe - but we get 25 mm during on night.

IMG_20210805_132316.jpg

Thank you for your concern. take care of yourself too - now when US leading the league of most Covid infections a day again.

Sincerely Lasse

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have friends in Germany as well so I was concerned about them as well. Our news is more political than accurate these days so better to hear from the "horse's" as we say! Very glad to hear you are all safe and well!

Our biggest problem is not Covid 19 but the politics around it. Our biggest problem is weeks of over 100 degree weather, lots of very large fires close by, and very little rain in the future! Here they stop fighting the fires and just try to contain them as they let them burn until the snow falls. These fires pump way more CO2 into the atmosphere than all the cars in the world in a short amount of time. We stay indoors to avoid the smoke not Covid 19.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply. Please forgive what may be dumb questions due to a lack of understanding.
1. You say "I´ll try to create a denitrification area in the bottom of the DSB and need a tiny flow just to have the water going through the bed and also for bringing down a fast organic carbon source to the denitrification point." Most DSB depend on no flow and are used to denitrate not denitrite the water. I am confused as to what you are doing. Most likely you are way ahead of me on this one.
2. How are you going to create a "tiny flow"? If trickle down is it gravity feed?
3. You say "bringing down a fast organic carbon source to the denitrification point". I had thought it was reverse flow from a previous comment. Will the flow go from top to bottom or bottom to top.
4. If the flow is bottom to top the where is the denitratification taking place if that is in your design?

Thanks for putting up with my questions. I am very interested in your research. Got a big chuckle out of your factory comment. Thanks again for the interesting project whether I understand it all or not!
That is why he is running slow to get oxygen out of water before it gets there . In return lowers ph and melts calcium to put it back in to the system. Water under gravel perfect place for denitrsfication. So it puts trace back in the tank denitrafiys and calcium reactor all in one.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back