Last (?) addition with current stock.

carnicomh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, guys! :cool: thanks for viewing!

I'm trying to decide what my last, or next to last, addition will be with my current list. You guys haven't led me astray yet, which keeps me coming back. Many thanks! I do 25% weekly changes and test 2-3× a week. Only other additions I'm thinking on will be a sandsifting star or shrimp at some point. Soft corals too, which means hit or miss on angel, eh? I've got:

Springer damsel
Clownfish (ocellaris)
Sixline wrasse (about 1" and smallest fish)
3x astraea snails
3x nassarius snails

So, definitely concerned about the damsel and sixline moving on down the road. Had a moment of weakness at the LFS regarding the sixline...always had one in my past tanks. None of my fish ever display outward aggression toward each other right now. Sixline is fairly new, and doesnt do much sans parkour in and out the rock caves. My clown only gets feisty when the other fish come near his corner at the top of the tank, but otherwise just flops around the tank searching for food from time to time. Damsel tries to boss the other two around, but always has exactly zero success. So, I would wait another few weeks and add my last fish once the tank had caught up after adding the sixline. Thanks for reading my novel.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the tank?
It'll be difficult to add anything new after that sixline gets established, unless you get something bigger and meaner. Peaceful fish like darts or gobies are pretty much out the window, unless you want to try a goby/snapping shrimp pair, which would be pretty cool. A larger gramma could probably hold his own VS the sixline, especially now as the sixline itself doesn't have a territory, but their niches do overlap, so there might be squabbles down the line.
Without knowing the size of the tank, I can't give a full opinion.

OP
OP
C

carnicomh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gods, sorry I didn't put it, must've deleted it. It's a 40 breeder, which is definitely limiting my options. It's got two separate rock stacks in it, that I could spread out to create more space. Wouldn't be too put off if I could only do these three, though

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carnicomh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS said a good and probably best choice would be bi-color dottyback. Also said to add it sooner rather than later

OP
OP
C

carnicomh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank itself. Honestly...I could really be fine with just these three hooligans knowing they all tolerate each other

Attachments

• 20230623_202712.jpg
    20230623_202712.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 20

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back